Padre Alberto Book Signing
Father Cutie -- er, Cutié discusses his book Dilemma.
Father Albert Cutié was the poster boy for the Catholic Church. With his Dr. Phil-style program Padre Alberto, where he dished out life lessons with a side of Jesus; his job running Peace Radio, the all-Catholic spot on your AM dial and his bestselling book about life and love called Real Life, Real Love (Ama de Verdad, Vive de Verdad), the good (and handsome) Father eventually came to be viewed as the Hispanic media’s answer to Oprah. Sorry, Cristina!
But then there was a twist. Turns out the Padre was struggling with his own temptations. No, he wasn’t the alter boy diddling-type. The man that ladies came to know as Father Cutie (no accent on the e) had fallen in love -- with a woman.
Father Cutié discusses the love affair that became international news, the fallout from his move from the Catholic Church to the Episcopal and the debate his actions sparked about mandatory celibacy for Catholic priests in his new book Dilemma. Why such a good-looking man would ever take a vow of celibacy is definitely a topic to explore.
Check him out at Books & Books on Saturday, January 8 at 7 p.m. Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables.
See and Do
- Debate watching parties in Miami
- 7 Places You Must Visit in Key Biscayne
- Louis C.K. announces four show run at Arsht Center in November
- Miami public spaces are getting a makeover with these upcoming projects
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Live the nostalgia of ‘¿Qué Pasa, USA?’ this Saturday
- 4 Fitness Events in South Florida for Gym Rats
- Everglades gets funky with Wynwood benefit
- Wade, Mourning and other celebs attend opening of Haitian photography exhibit in Wynwood