Padre Alberto Book Signing
Father Cutie -- er, Cutié discusses his book Dilemma.
Father Albert Cutié was the poster boy for the Catholic Church. With his Dr. Phil-style program Padre Alberto, where he dished out life lessons with a side of Jesus; his job running Peace Radio, the all-Catholic spot on your AM dial and his bestselling book about life and love called Real Life, Real Love (Ama de Verdad, Vive de Verdad), the good (and handsome) Father eventually came to be viewed as the Hispanic media’s answer to Oprah. Sorry, Cristina!
But then there was a twist. Turns out the Padre was struggling with his own temptations. No, he wasn’t the alter boy diddling-type. The man that ladies came to know as Father Cutie (no accent on the e) had fallen in love -- with a woman.
Father Cutié discusses the love affair that became international news, the fallout from his move from the Catholic Church to the Episcopal and the debate his actions sparked about mandatory celibacy for Catholic priests in his new book Dilemma. Why such a good-looking man would ever take a vow of celibacy is definitely a topic to explore.
Check him out at Books & Books on Saturday, January 8 at 7 p.m. Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables.
See and Do
- 5 free and cheap things to do in Miami
- Summer Events in Key West that are worth the four-hour drive
- Ultimate guide to South Florida beaches
- The 5 biggest lies about Miami traffic
- Miami Bike Paths Guide
- Florida Supercon 2016
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- Planning Your Girlfriend Getaway in Miami
- Five ways to punish Miami drivers who keep plowing through the poles to get to the I-95 express lanes