Fat Joe is a FOW: Friend of Weezy
Hip hopper speaks out
A lot of people are relieved that Lil Wayne is out of jail, but Fat Joe may lead the charge. The local hip-hopper, 40, is one of Weezy's biggest fans. ‘‘He's my brother; I'm so happy he's home," Joe said at an Usher-hosted party for producer/songwriter Rico Love at Red the Steakhouse. "I couldn't sleep the night before he was released I was so excited."
The father of four was sprung last week after serv- ing eight months for having a loaded gun on his tour bus in 2007. "He's a beautiful person," said the Me, Myself and I singer born Joseph Cartagena.
"Not just as an artist, but as a family man. I'm so proud of him. I love him."
Joe was one of the few dozen guests who feted Wayne at a froufrou party Sunday night at the Alfred I. Dupont building downtown, put on by celeb event planner Colin Cowie.
On Our Radar
- Two locals will appear on ABC's The Bachelorette
- Bryan 'Birdman' launches vodka at Mokai
- Rob Delaney teams up with local company for game
- Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson arrested in Broward
- Gorilla Perfumes making a stop at LUSH on Lincoln Road
- Food Network chefs sign on to Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- Rewind Recap: Accordion Invasion hits South Beach
- Glades star Jordan Wall to appear at fundraiser
- Score tickets for concert at Microsoft store opening
- Will and Jaden Smith get photobombed at Heat game