Fat Joe is a FOW: Friend of Weezy
Hip hopper speaks out
A lot of people are relieved that Lil Wayne is out of jail, but Fat Joe may lead the charge. The local hip-hopper, 40, is one of Weezy's biggest fans. ‘‘He's my brother; I'm so happy he's home," Joe said at an Usher-hosted party for producer/songwriter Rico Love at Red the Steakhouse. "I couldn't sleep the night before he was released I was so excited."
The father of four was sprung last week after serv- ing eight months for having a loaded gun on his tour bus in 2007. "He's a beautiful person," said the Me, Myself and I singer born Joseph Cartagena.
"Not just as an artist, but as a family man. I'm so proud of him. I love him."
Joe was one of the few dozen guests who feted Wayne at a froufrou party Sunday night at the Alfred I. Dupont building downtown, put on by celeb event planner Colin Cowie.
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew