Fat Joe is a FOW: Friend of Weezy
Hip hopper speaks out
A lot of people are relieved that Lil Wayne is out of jail, but Fat Joe may lead the charge. The local hip-hopper, 40, is one of Weezy's biggest fans. ‘‘He's my brother; I'm so happy he's home," Joe said at an Usher-hosted party for producer/songwriter Rico Love at Red the Steakhouse. "I couldn't sleep the night before he was released I was so excited."
The father of four was sprung last week after serv- ing eight months for having a loaded gun on his tour bus in 2007. "He's a beautiful person," said the Me, Myself and I singer born Joseph Cartagena.
"Not just as an artist, but as a family man. I'm so proud of him. I love him."
Joe was one of the few dozen guests who feted Wayne at a froufrou party Sunday night at the Alfred I. Dupont building downtown, put on by celeb event planner Colin Cowie.
On Our Radar
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook
- Pokemon Go Invades Miami and here’s our cheat sheet