Fat Joe is a FOW: Friend of Weezy
Hip hopper speaks out
A lot of people are relieved that Lil Wayne is out of jail, but Fat Joe may lead the charge. The local hip-hopper, 40, is one of Weezy's biggest fans. ‘‘He's my brother; I'm so happy he's home," Joe said at an Usher-hosted party for producer/songwriter Rico Love at Red the Steakhouse. "I couldn't sleep the night before he was released I was so excited."
The father of four was sprung last week after serv- ing eight months for having a loaded gun on his tour bus in 2007. "He's a beautiful person," said the Me, Myself and I singer born Joseph Cartagena.
"Not just as an artist, but as a family man. I'm so proud of him. I love him."
Joe was one of the few dozen guests who feted Wayne at a froufrou party Sunday night at the Alfred I. Dupont building downtown, put on by celeb event planner Colin Cowie.
On Our Radar
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit
- Sir Richard Branson takes in Formula E