A Fashion Star Luciana Scarabello was born, shows off line at Haven
Local designer to make appearance
She survived the NBC reality competition Fashion Star — and now she’s on the style map. Aventura resident Luciana Scarabello will be at Haven on Lincoln Road 7-11 p.m. Sunday to showcase her new collection (she also designed the waitstaff’s uniforms). The Argentine native chatted with us about what makes her eponymous label tick:
How would you describe your line? It’s young and fun. It is catered for women who are going on a date, to a dinner party, to a lounge, a bar, a club — or just out and about to have fun. I listen carefully to these women to better understand them, because they are my inspiration and I am designing for them to feel special and beautiful.
How was your experience on “Fashion Star?” Great. Sure, it was very nerve-racking, and there was a lot of pressure, but it’s not every day that a designer has the attention of large-scale retailers to look at your designs and providing feedback to help you grow into a national brand. It has helped me reach a dream — my designs are now available in Saks, Macy’s and H&M. The connection with the public is also very exciting, because consumers now know about me and my designs and give me their feedback on a daily basis.
How was working with Nicole Richie and Jessica Simpson? They are both very accomplished individuals and have very successful businesses in the fashion industry. Jessica is the girl next door that always cheers you on and has a very kind heart. I have not seen Jessica’s baby yet, but she looks adorable in the pictures! I’m sure she will make a great mom. Nicole was a little bit tougher, but it was actually very helpful because in a competition that intense you want someone that pushes you.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how