Fashion designer Ariana Rockefeller at Alene Too
Comes from famous family
Ariana Rockefeller isn’t resting on her famous last-name laurels, either. The great-granddaughter of John D. Rockefeller Jr. and Abby Aldrich Rockefeller (the socialite who helped establish New York’s Museum of Modern Art) is an emerging fashion designer. “A love for beautiful things runs in my family,” Rockefeller, who studied visual arts and political science at Columbia University, told W in 2011, after launching her eponymous line. “[It] honors my family’s refined sensibilities, but also breaks free a bit. That’s basically been the theme of my life.” She’ll be at Alene Too in Boca Raton 4-6 p.m. Wednesday. A selection of the Spring/Summer 2014 stuff will be sold for a limited time at the store.
On Our Radar
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision