After 3+ years, Fratelli Lyon says farewell
Ken Lyon bids Design District farewell as he expands his catering biz
Open since 2008, Fratelli Lyon, the stylish Italian eatery from Miami catering veteran Ken Lyon, has closed and will make way for Dena Marino's MC Kitchen. But it's not over for Lyon, not even close. "At Fratelli Lyon, there was a distinctive difference in 'vision' between myself and other partners. Fratelli Lyon was a great concept, something I was very proud of developing - we are currently looking for another location.We are so grateful to the public support, especially for the first 3-years while I was there."
Lyon adds that his eponymous catering company is "booming," and will be offering his clients a "Fratelli Lyon" menu special for the summer. "Since our customers can't come to Fratelli Lyon, we will come to them!" he says. In addition to being at the Norton Museum of Art in Palm Beach for over 8 years, Lyon also tells us that soon there will be "very interesting things to come for us at the Wolfsonian-FIU" in the fall. We'll keep you posted.
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails coming to Hallandale Beach later this summer
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run