Fans come out for young-adult-movie stars
At Dolphin Mall
Yeah for YA fiction! That's young adult to anyone over 21.
Three actors from the upcoming weeper The Fault of our Stars drew roughly 5,000 fans to the Dolphin Mall Tuesday. Shailene Woodley (“Divergent,” Oscar nominee for “The Descendants”) and Ansel Elgort (“Divergent”), who play doomed lovers in the cancer dramedy, were on hand as was Nat Wolff (“Admission” & Nickelodeon’s “The Naked Brothers Band”), who plays a blind cancer patient.
One of the only bonafide grownups partaking in the mall insanity was John Green, the author of the New York Times bestselling novel on which the film is based. Green Instagrammed pics of the "absolute madness." Before the appearance, Green posted on Facebook that he was delayed due to typical everyday rush hour. "People of Miami: we are trying to get to you but the traffic in your city is truly astonishing."
Also on FB, Green apologized for cutting the event short as the heat was getting too much and fans were swooning over Ansel and Nat.
On Our Radar
- FKA Twigs arriving for YoungArts concert
- Arms closed shut? Scott Stapp's wife files for divorce
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy