Fans come out for young-adult-movie stars
At Dolphin Mall
Yeah for YA fiction! That's young adult to anyone over 21.
Three actors from the upcoming weeper The Fault of our Stars drew roughly 5,000 fans to the Dolphin Mall Tuesday. Shailene Woodley (“Divergent,” Oscar nominee for “The Descendants”) and Ansel Elgort (“Divergent”), who play doomed lovers in the cancer dramedy, were on hand as was Nat Wolff (“Admission” & Nickelodeon’s “The Naked Brothers Band”), who plays a blind cancer patient.
One of the only bonafide grownups partaking in the mall insanity was John Green, the author of the New York Times bestselling novel on which the film is based. Green Instagrammed pics of the "absolute madness." Before the appearance, Green posted on Facebook that he was delayed due to typical everyday rush hour. "People of Miami: we are trying to get to you but the traffic in your city is truly astonishing."
Also on FB, Green apologized for cutting the event short as the heat was getting too much and fans were swooning over Ansel and Nat.
On Our Radar
- Miami Dolphins watch party at EPIC pool
- Former Gators quarterback: What I like about Miami
- Nicki Minaj called out by mental health group for Miami Beach incident
- Why Miami will be glad to see 2016 end, in gifs
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too