Fan Up Miami!
Make some noise at the next game!
Attention, all Heat fans. If you're plan-ning on going to catching the Dream Team in action this season, make sure you're on time. The Miami Heat is launching Fan Up Miami, a campaign that urges fans to arrive early to games, sport their favorite Heat gear, make noise (that shouldn't be hard to do in Miami), be seated by tip-off and stay the entire game (even if they're losing, folks!)
These new suggestions aim to help boost Miami's fan image. Some critics say Heat fans are prone to bandwagon-jump ing and arriving late to games. Obviously, those critics have never driven in Miami during rush hour.
Fans who arrive early -- doors will now open at 6:30 p.m. -- will be treated to such perks as reduced rates at concession stands, discounts on merchandise and the opportunity to take photos of the Heat players while they warm up on court.
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening