Fan Up Miami!
Make some noise at the next game!
Attention, all Heat fans. If you're plan-ning on going to catching the Dream Team in action this season, make sure you're on time. The Miami Heat is launching Fan Up Miami, a campaign that urges fans to arrive early to games, sport their favorite Heat gear, make noise (that shouldn't be hard to do in Miami), be seated by tip-off and stay the entire game (even if they're losing, folks!)
These new suggestions aim to help boost Miami's fan image. Some critics say Heat fans are prone to bandwagon-jump ing and arriving late to games. Obviously, those critics have never driven in Miami during rush hour.
Fans who arrive early -- doors will now open at 6:30 p.m. -- will be treated to such perks as reduced rates at concession stands, discounts on merchandise and the opportunity to take photos of the Heat players while they warm up on court.
On Our Radar
- Chris Bosh launches neckwear collection
- Estelle paints the town red at Blue Martini
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht