Fan Up Miami!
Make some noise at the next game!
Attention, all Heat fans. If you're plan-ning on going to catching the Dream Team in action this season, make sure you're on time. The Miami Heat is launching Fan Up Miami, a campaign that urges fans to arrive early to games, sport their favorite Heat gear, make noise (that shouldn't be hard to do in Miami), be seated by tip-off and stay the entire game (even if they're losing, folks!)
These new suggestions aim to help boost Miami's fan image. Some critics say Heat fans are prone to bandwagon-jump ing and arriving late to games. Obviously, those critics have never driven in Miami during rush hour.
Fans who arrive early -- doors will now open at 6:30 p.m. -- will be treated to such perks as reduced rates at concession stands, discounts on merchandise and the opportunity to take photos of the Heat players while they warm up on court.
On Our Radar
- Donald Trump gets key to Doral
- Ivanka Trump, on fashion, work, motherhood, Miami
- Giant un-retouched selfie at The Mondrian
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro