Fan Up Miami!
Make some noise at the next game!
Attention, all Heat fans. If you're plan-ning on going to catching the Dream Team in action this season, make sure you're on time. The Miami Heat is launching Fan Up Miami, a campaign that urges fans to arrive early to games, sport their favorite Heat gear, make noise (that shouldn't be hard to do in Miami), be seated by tip-off and stay the entire game (even if they're losing, folks!)
These new suggestions aim to help boost Miami's fan image. Some critics say Heat fans are prone to bandwagon-jump ing and arriving late to games. Obviously, those critics have never driven in Miami during rush hour.
Fans who arrive early -- doors will now open at 6:30 p.m. -- will be treated to such perks as reduced rates at concession stands, discounts on merchandise and the opportunity to take photos of the Heat players while they warm up on court.
On Our Radar
- Singer Lily Allen visits local spots
- Dwyane Wade & Gabrielle Union show honeymoon pics
- Chris Paciello buys home near country club in Miami Beach
- Locals turn out for Bill Clinton
- Ex Miami restaurateur Josh Woodward murder trial date set for February in Los Angeles
- Hip hop royalty in town
- Concerts from Usher and Adam Levine in South Florida
- Real Wolf of Wall Street coming to Miami
- Ultra Music Festival bans minors
- Enrique Iglesias & Anna Kournikova's romantic date