Family Day at the Opera
The Florida Grand Opera hosts a day at the opera that even the little ones can enjoy (or at least not totally hate).
This Saturday families will flock to the Arsht Center for the annual free “Family Day at the Opera” event, which provides an up close, behind-the-scenes look at the glamorous and mysterious world of opera.
Children and parents alike will be able to see costumes, props, and make-up demonstrations by Florida Grand Opera professionals. FGO’s Young Artist Studio will perform music from the upcoming productions of Don Giovanni and Cyrano and other popular arias. This event is free and open to the public, but reservations are required and can be made at www.fgo.org.
Saturday, April 30th, 10 a.m.-noon for 8th-12th grade kids and 1 p.m.-3 p.m. for 3rd-7th grade kids. Arsht Center, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 800-741-1010.
See and Do
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- Coral Gables Museum hosts 'The Big One', a collection of Hurricane Andrew photos
- Copperbridge festival of Cuban culture in Miami offers engagement with island artists
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
- Food to try at Miami Dolphins home games
- Steve Martin and Martin Short bring 'A Very Stupid Conversation' to Hard Rock