Family Day at the Opera
The Florida Grand Opera hosts a day at the opera that even the little ones can enjoy (or at least not totally hate).
This Saturday families will flock to the Arsht Center for the annual free “Family Day at the Opera” event, which provides an up close, behind-the-scenes look at the glamorous and mysterious world of opera.
Children and parents alike will be able to see costumes, props, and make-up demonstrations by Florida Grand Opera professionals. FGO’s Young Artist Studio will perform music from the upcoming productions of Don Giovanni and Cyrano and other popular arias. This event is free and open to the public, but reservations are required and can be made at www.fgo.org.
Saturday, April 30th, 10 a.m.-noon for 8th-12th grade kids and 1 p.m.-3 p.m. for 3rd-7th grade kids. Arsht Center, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 800-741-1010.
See and Do
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 19-21
- Five things you didn't know about DJ Irie