Family Day at the Opera
The Florida Grand Opera hosts a day at the opera that even the little ones can enjoy (or at least not totally hate).
This Saturday families will flock to the Arsht Center for the annual free “Family Day at the Opera” event, which provides an up close, behind-the-scenes look at the glamorous and mysterious world of opera.
Children and parents alike will be able to see costumes, props, and make-up demonstrations by Florida Grand Opera professionals. FGO’s Young Artist Studio will perform music from the upcoming productions of Don Giovanni and Cyrano and other popular arias. This event is free and open to the public, but reservations are required and can be made at www.fgo.org.
Saturday, April 30th, 10 a.m.-noon for 8th-12th grade kids and 1 p.m.-3 p.m. for 3rd-7th grade kids. Arsht Center, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 800-741-1010.
See and Do
- 20 signs that you might be Cuban
- Public transportation in Miami is making moves
- 20 great parks, 20 great outings
- Cauley Square is a hidden gem in Miami
- Instagram photos that prove that Biscayne National Park is a dazzling gem
- Check out these 5 events during Downtown Art Days
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug 26-28
- 'Star Wars' marathon at the Olympia Theater
- 'Psychic Match' star Deborah Graham talks about finding real love at Books & Books
- Public art to hunt down in Brickell and Downtown