Family Day at the Opera
The Florida Grand Opera hosts a day at the opera that even the little ones can enjoy (or at least not totally hate).
This Saturday families will flock to the Arsht Center for the annual free “Family Day at the Opera” event, which provides an up close, behind-the-scenes look at the glamorous and mysterious world of opera.
Children and parents alike will be able to see costumes, props, and make-up demonstrations by Florida Grand Opera professionals. FGO’s Young Artist Studio will perform music from the upcoming productions of Don Giovanni and Cyrano and other popular arias. This event is free and open to the public, but reservations are required and can be made at www.fgo.org.
Saturday, April 30th, 10 a.m.-noon for 8th-12th grade kids and 1 p.m.-3 p.m. for 3rd-7th grade kids. Arsht Center, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 800-741-1010.
See and Do
- Egg hunts, Dr. Seuss’s Bday, Legos & Pirates: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 2-8
- Richard Lewis takes the stage at Parker Playhouse in Fort Lauderdale on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 27-March 1
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16
- President’s Day Weekend Guide 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 13-15