Family Day at the Opera
The Florida Grand Opera hosts a day at the opera that even the little ones can enjoy (or at least not totally hate).
This Saturday families will flock to the Arsht Center for the annual free “Family Day at the Opera” event, which provides an up close, behind-the-scenes look at the glamorous and mysterious world of opera.
Children and parents alike will be able to see costumes, props, and make-up demonstrations by Florida Grand Opera professionals. FGO’s Young Artist Studio will perform music from the upcoming productions of Don Giovanni and Cyrano and other popular arias. This event is free and open to the public, but reservations are required and can be made at www.fgo.org.
Saturday, April 30th, 10 a.m.-noon for 8th-12th grade kids and 1 p.m.-3 p.m. for 3rd-7th grade kids. Arsht Center, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 800-741-1010.
See and Do
- 2016 South Florida Firefighters Calendar hits Miami with two launch parties this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 28-30
- Regent Cocktail Club in Miami Beach teams up with Bookleggers Mobile Library for cocktail night
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 14-16
- "Weird Al" Yankovic brings his masterful musical parody to South Florida