Fall 2014's Top Trends
Neiman Marcus Coral Gables and Bal Harbour recently shared Fall’s top looks with us and we give you a peek into September’s stellar lineup.
With summer waning to its inevitable end (welp), it’s never too early to start investing in Fall’s key trends. Neiman Marcus Coral Gables and Bal Harbour recently shared Fall’s top looks with us and we give you a peek into September’s stellar lineup. Whether it’s the new IT color or experimentation with shimmer and shine, we’re psyched about Fall. Here is our short list of the top trends of 2014.
GRAY MATTERS: From men’s blazers to leather skirts to suede boots, you’ll find them swathed in gray hues. “From charcoal to metallic silver, gray is the new neutral and base of the season,” Neiman Marcus Fashion Director Ken Downing says.
GREENS: It’s good to be green (literally). Choose from dark hunter green, mossy green and emerald colors. “Give the green light to all shades of green” Downing says.
GO WEST: Let’s say it together: Yeehaw for the cowboy trend for fall. Bring on the rodeo. “Designers take you on a global trek without ever having to leave your closet,” Downing says. “The year-round bootie looks fresh with Western flair,” Downing says.
PLAIDS AND CHECKS: For men, plaid (a tartan print) and checks (resembling the crossing lines of graph paper) are the go-to patterns.
STATEMENT NECKLACES: Nothings adds a dose of glam to any look more than a bold, larger-than-life necklace. “Add polish with a statement necklace and skin that shimmers,” Downing adds.
THE CLUTCH: Fall is crazy about the clutch as oversize versions were spotted all over the runways. “The clutch works day and night — and this one comes with fringe benefits,” Downing says.
SNEAKERS: The sneaker trend shows no signs of slowing down. Athletic-inspired shoes boasting mixed materials — such as spikes, exotic skins and gold accents — will grace the feet of both men and women well into winter.
SHIIMMER TIME: Think sequins, crystals and metallics. Fall is agleam with shiny textures. From tops to dresses to accessories, it’s time to shine on!
- Serpentine Style: Meet Python Handbag Designer Ximena Kavalekas
- 14 Street Style Looks at Miami Fashion Week that Show What’s Trending in the Magic City
- H&M Launches Coachella Collection
- 7 things you didn't know about designer Rachel Roy & her first book, "Design Your Life"
- 6 Spring 2016 Trends You Need To Try Now
- Like Father, Like Son: Le Club Swimwear
- Dadeland Mall Announces New Stores and Store Expansions
- Designer Corinna Saias Mixes Ancient Greece with South Beach
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Midtown
- H&M Opening Another South Florida Store