Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Orchid Festival
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Orchid Festival returns this weekend to celebrate the wonders of these beautiful flowers.
Miami is one of those rare places where orchids will bloom year round in spite of one’s complete lack of knowledge about how to care for them. That said, those who love the delicate and beautiful plants can learn how to keep them happy (or at the very least, how not to kill them) at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s (10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables) annual Orchid Festival.
The event, which runs from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday through Sunday, boasts 10,000 plants from vendors from around the world, garden workshops and walking tours, rare species, live entertainment and even fancy tea time at the Orchid Tea Room. Admission $25 for adults, $18 for seniors 65 and up and $12 for children 6-17; members are free. Information at www.fairchildgarden.org.
See and Do
- What to do with kids in Miami June 17-23
- Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer, in Miami Beach to show us how to be the alpha dog
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 14-16
- Redland Summer Fruit Festival offers sweet and juicy fun in South Dade
- What to do with kids in Miami June 10-16
- Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project
- Big Gus of Spike TV's "Tattoo Nightmares" brings the ink to Miami's TattooLaPalooza
- Sky Riders at Miami Seaquarium
- Dino Island returns to the Miami Children's Museum
- City Theatre's ‘Summer Shorts’ returns to the Arsht Center