Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Orchid Festival
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Orchid Festival returns this weekend to celebrate the wonders of these beautiful flowers.
Miami is one of those rare places where orchids will bloom year round in spite of one’s complete lack of knowledge about how to care for them. That said, those who love the delicate and beautiful plants can learn how to keep them happy (or at the very least, how not to kill them) at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s (10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables) annual Orchid Festival.
The event, which runs from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday through Sunday, boasts 10,000 plants from vendors from around the world, garden workshops and walking tours, rare species, live entertainment and even fancy tea time at the Orchid Tea Room. Admission $25 for adults, $18 for seniors 65 and up and $12 for children 6-17; members are free. Information at www.fairchildgarden.org.
See and Do
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Holidays 2014
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Borscht Film Festival spurs a Miami filmmaking boom
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center