Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Orchid Festival
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Orchid Festival returns this weekend to celebrate the wonders of these beautiful flowers.
Miami is one of those rare places where orchids will bloom year round in spite of one’s complete lack of knowledge about how to care for them. That said, those who love the delicate and beautiful plants can learn how to keep them happy (or at the very least, how not to kill them) at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s (10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables) annual Orchid Festival.
The event, which runs from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday through Sunday, boasts 10,000 plants from vendors from around the world, garden workshops and walking tours, rare species, live entertainment and even fancy tea time at the Orchid Tea Room. Admission $25 for adults, $18 for seniors 65 and up and $12 for children 6-17; members are free. Information at www.fairchildgarden.org.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15