Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Orchid Festival
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Orchid Festival returns this weekend to celebrate the wonders of these beautiful flowers.
Miami is one of those rare places where orchids will bloom year round in spite of one’s complete lack of knowledge about how to care for them. That said, those who love the delicate and beautiful plants can learn how to keep them happy (or at the very least, how not to kill them) at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s (10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables) annual Orchid Festival.
The event, which runs from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday through Sunday, boasts 10,000 plants from vendors from around the world, garden workshops and walking tours, rare species, live entertainment and even fancy tea time at the Orchid Tea Room. Admission $25 for adults, $18 for seniors 65 and up and $12 for children 6-17; members are free. Information at www.fairchildgarden.org.
See and Do
- 5 Worst Visitors People in Miami Receive in the Winter
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31