Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Orchid Festival
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Orchid Festival returns this weekend to celebrate the wonders of these beautiful flowers.
Miami is one of those rare places where orchids will bloom year round in spite of one’s complete lack of knowledge about how to care for them. That said, those who love the delicate and beautiful plants can learn how to keep them happy (or at the very least, how not to kill them) at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s (10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables) annual Orchid Festival.
The event, which runs from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday through Sunday, boasts 10,000 plants from vendors from around the world, garden workshops and walking tours, rare species, live entertainment and even fancy tea time at the Orchid Tea Room. Admission $25 for adults, $18 for seniors 65 and up and $12 for children 6-17; members are free. Information at www.fairchildgarden.org.
See and Do
- Pumpkin patches, family movies & freebie crafts: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 26-28
- Spanish singer Pitingo’s “Souleria” blends flamenco with R&B soul
- Little Havana’s Viernes Culturales still serves up Latin culture
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Disney on ice, mini camps & specialty crafts - Munchkin Fun's picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 19-21
- Pop-Up Parks Sprout in Downtown Miami Parking Spaces on Friday
- Port-au-Prince Jazz fest comes to Little Haiti Cultural Center