Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Orchid Festival
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s Orchid Festival returns this weekend to celebrate the wonders of these beautiful flowers.
Miami is one of those rare places where orchids will bloom year round in spite of one’s complete lack of knowledge about how to care for them. That said, those who love the delicate and beautiful plants can learn how to keep them happy (or at the very least, how not to kill them) at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s (10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables) annual Orchid Festival.
The event, which runs from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday through Sunday, boasts 10,000 plants from vendors from around the world, garden workshops and walking tours, rare species, live entertainment and even fancy tea time at the Orchid Tea Room. Admission $25 for adults, $18 for seniors 65 and up and $12 for children 6-17; members are free. Information at www.fairchildgarden.org.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14