Fado Opens in Miami
Irish pub chain sets foot in Mary Brickell Village
Fado Irish Pub & Restaurant
900 South Miami Blvd, Miami
Located in Mary Brickell Village, above Oceanaire
Hours: Monday - Wednesday: 11.30 a.m. - 2 a.m.; Thursday & Friday: 11.30 a.m. - 4 a.m.; Saturday: Early - 4 a.m.; Sunday: Early - 2 a.m.
Fado Irish Pub and Restaurant opened its doors to the public at 5 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 30, making it the last drinking and dining spot to open in Miami in 2010 (as far as we can tell).
The popular chain with spots in Atlanta, Washington D.C. and Chicago, among other cities, sits atop Oceanaire Seafood Room in Mary Brickell Village, directly across the courtyard from the Blue Martini, and has plenty of Irish beers on tap (including Guinness, Harp, Leffe, Smithwicks, and Boddingtons).
And in 2011 expect nights with live music, trivia nights on Tuesdays at 9 p.m., daily happy hour from 5 - 8 p.m., several events per month, and a large St. Patrick’s Day party that will take over the Mary Brickell Village courtyard.
Fado is large and features four bar areas, including a patio space that resembles a Florida Room with plenty of windows. Each area of Fado is designed differently – as the floors change style, you know you are in a different room with a unique theme. There is the “Shop” room with plenty of bottles on display, the “Pub for Today” room, with modern floor lighting and more of a restaurant feel or the “Cottage” room with its fireplace and bookshelf.
The bars also have sequestered areas for groups of two or three – called Snugs – which allows for privacy at the bar. (They come from the tradition of a parish priest being able to enjoy a drink in peace and privacy at his local Irish bar.)
Among our favorites on the menu (and we tasted a lot) make sure to try the Guinness BBQ Hot Wings which are dipped in a Guinness BBQ sauce and the Bangers and Mash (Irish pork sausage on colcannon with onion gravy and peas.) Other top pics included Fado’s Shepherd’s Pie, Smithwick’s Mini Burgers and their cheese dip and wedges (with a surprising blend of Irish cheddar, pepper jack cheese and green onion).
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation
- Brew in Miami wins first-place award from Society of Professional Journalists
- Florida craft beer tasting is Aug. 26 at Mandarin Oriental's MO Bar + Lounge
- Miami Spice 2015: Grading the top restaurants
- Way more than spuds at Mash Potatoes restaurant in Coral Gables
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell