F1RST Surf Shop hosts the East Coast premiere Here & Now
Celebrate International Surfing Day at F1RST Surf Shop where they host the East Coast premiere Here & Now, a documentary about surfing around the world.
F1RST Surf Shop hosts the East Coast premiere of Taylor Steele's documentary Here & Now on Wednesday, Jun. 20 in celebration of International Surfing Day.
This film was shot in one day by more than 25 filmmakers and surfers working in unison to document the world of surfing in a single 24-hour period on May 2, 2012. From world champs like Kelly Slater and Stephanie Gilmore to free spirits like Dave Rastovich, Ozzy Wright and Alex Knost, this project brings together shapers, photographers, legends, beginners, third world, first world and surf world. Some scored big. Others couldn’t find a ripple. It’s all part of the surfing experience. From contests to camping, hanging at home or hitting the road, veteran surf filmmaker Taylor Steele pulls together an epic, international cast to prove the best place to be is here and now.
The event will feature the screening of the film, cupcakes, cocktails, giveaways. In celebration of ISD, F1RST Surf Shop will be hosting a free SUP clinic 1-5 p.m. located directly behind the Continuum Building.
Here & Now Premiere, 8-10 p.m. at F1RST Surf Shop, 40 Sout Pointe Dr., #107, Miami Beach; 305-397-8103
See and Do
- Shrek, Legos, Cinco de Mayo & Mother’s Day Treats: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 4-10
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Parachutes & Doktor Kaboom: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 27 - May 3
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 24-26
- ‘MythBusters’ duo gets Miami audience involved in science hijinks
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami