F1RST Surf Shop hosts the East Coast premiere Here & Now
Celebrate International Surfing Day at F1RST Surf Shop where they host the East Coast premiere Here & Now, a documentary about surfing around the world.
F1RST Surf Shop hosts the East Coast premiere of Taylor Steele's documentary Here & Now on Wednesday, Jun. 20 in celebration of International Surfing Day.
This film was shot in one day by more than 25 filmmakers and surfers working in unison to document the world of surfing in a single 24-hour period on May 2, 2012. From world champs like Kelly Slater and Stephanie Gilmore to free spirits like Dave Rastovich, Ozzy Wright and Alex Knost, this project brings together shapers, photographers, legends, beginners, third world, first world and surf world. Some scored big. Others couldn’t find a ripple. It’s all part of the surfing experience. From contests to camping, hanging at home or hitting the road, veteran surf filmmaker Taylor Steele pulls together an epic, international cast to prove the best place to be is here and now.
The event will feature the screening of the film, cupcakes, cocktails, giveaways. In celebration of ISD, F1RST Surf Shop will be hosting a free SUP clinic 1-5 p.m. located directly behind the Continuum Building.
Here & Now Premiere, 8-10 p.m. at F1RST Surf Shop, 40 Sout Pointe Dr., #107, Miami Beach; 305-397-8103
See and Do
- Dennis Miller performs Sunday with Dana Carvey at Seminole Hard Rock
- Free movies, camp, crafts & Munchkin Fun's top picks for your post-holiday week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 4-6
- Fireworks, festivals, parades & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Florida Supercon: Top Five Things to Do
- Miami Events - July 2014
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Jungle Island hosts 99.9 Kiss Country Music Festival on the Fourth of July
- Nikki Beach hosts bacon bash on July 5
- Out in the Tropics fest presents poetry, dance and postmodern flamenco