F1RST Surf Shop hosts the East Coast premiere Here & Now
Celebrate International Surfing Day at F1RST Surf Shop where they host the East Coast premiere Here & Now, a documentary about surfing around the world.
F1RST Surf Shop hosts the East Coast premiere of Taylor Steele's documentary Here & Now on Wednesday, Jun. 20 in celebration of International Surfing Day.
This film was shot in one day by more than 25 filmmakers and surfers working in unison to document the world of surfing in a single 24-hour period on May 2, 2012. From world champs like Kelly Slater and Stephanie Gilmore to free spirits like Dave Rastovich, Ozzy Wright and Alex Knost, this project brings together shapers, photographers, legends, beginners, third world, first world and surf world. Some scored big. Others couldn’t find a ripple. It’s all part of the surfing experience. From contests to camping, hanging at home or hitting the road, veteran surf filmmaker Taylor Steele pulls together an epic, international cast to prove the best place to be is here and now.
The event will feature the screening of the film, cupcakes, cocktails, giveaways. In celebration of ISD, F1RST Surf Shop will be hosting a free SUP clinic 1-5 p.m. located directly behind the Continuum Building.
Here & Now Premiere, 8-10 p.m. at F1RST Surf Shop, 40 Sout Pointe Dr., #107, Miami Beach; 305-397-8103
See and Do
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13
- Colombian mangoes will be the star at this weekend’s Mango Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden