Executive chef Jamie DeRosa has left the Tudor House
Chef says ciao before the restaurant closes for good at the end of the summer
Tudor House executive chef Jamie DeRosa has officially left the building before the restaurant's planned closure at the end of the summer. DeRosa, who has previously worked at Spago in Beverly Hills under Wolfgang Puck as well as at Heston Blumenthal's UK landmark, The Fat Duck, won over Miami food fans with, among other things, his Ugly Burger and popcorn milkshake.
“I am grateful for the wonderful experience – everything from the team that I worked with to my continued relationship with Geoffrey Zakarian - Tudor House was a great run,” says DeRosa. “Miami has such a booming culinary scene and I am proud to say I have been - and will continue to be – a part of it.”
DeRosa has some big plans--among them, a baby on the way. And while he won't say where he's headed culinarily speaking, he definitely plans to stay in the Miami market. Stay tuned.
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian
- Matt Ratcliffe, ex BLT Steak chef de cuisine, heads to Palm Beach as Buccan & Imoto execu chef
- Newly crowned Prince of Porc, Pubbelly's Jose Mendin, giving away free food Feb 20
- When one restaurant closes in Miami . . . another allegedly opens