Executive chef Jamie DeRosa has left the Tudor House
Chef says ciao before the restaurant closes for good at the end of the summer
Tudor House executive chef Jamie DeRosa has officially left the building before the restaurant's planned closure at the end of the summer. DeRosa, who has previously worked at Spago in Beverly Hills under Wolfgang Puck as well as at Heston Blumenthal's UK landmark, The Fat Duck, won over Miami food fans with, among other things, his Ugly Burger and popcorn milkshake.
“I am grateful for the wonderful experience – everything from the team that I worked with to my continued relationship with Geoffrey Zakarian - Tudor House was a great run,” says DeRosa. “Miami has such a booming culinary scene and I am proud to say I have been - and will continue to be – a part of it.”
DeRosa has some big plans--among them, a baby on the way. And while he won't say where he's headed culinarily speaking, he definitely plans to stay in the Miami market. Stay tuned.
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space