Executive chef Jamie DeRosa has left the Tudor House
Chef says ciao before the restaurant closes for good at the end of the summer
Tudor House executive chef Jamie DeRosa has officially left the building before the restaurant's planned closure at the end of the summer. DeRosa, who has previously worked at Spago in Beverly Hills under Wolfgang Puck as well as at Heston Blumenthal's UK landmark, The Fat Duck, won over Miami food fans with, among other things, his Ugly Burger and popcorn milkshake.
“I am grateful for the wonderful experience – everything from the team that I worked with to my continued relationship with Geoffrey Zakarian - Tudor House was a great run,” says DeRosa. “Miami has such a booming culinary scene and I am proud to say I have been - and will continue to be – a part of it.”
DeRosa has some big plans--among them, a baby on the way. And while he won't say where he's headed culinarily speaking, he definitely plans to stay in the Miami market. Stay tuned.
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in