Exclusive! Tom Colicchio launching new Miami restaurant concept & overseeing F&B at 1 Hotel & Residences
Top Chef bigwig expands his empire south to the hotel formerly known as Gansevoort, among others
2377 Collins Ave.
The ink is barely dry but we finally have confirmation of the item to which we've been alluding: acclaimed head Top Chef judge and chef/ restaurant emperor in his own right, Tom Colicchio, will oversee and operate the food and beverage programs of 1 Hotel & Residences along with the launch of a new signature restaurant concept, according to a very inside source.
Located in the space formerly known as the Gansevoort South and The Perry, 1 Hotel & Residences has been taken over by Starwood Capital's Barry Sternlicht along with Richard LeFrak of the LeFrak Organization and Invesco. The team has infused over $150 million in renovations to bring the place up to par for hotel/condo-dom and expects to reveal all sometime in May of 2014.
Colicchio currently has restaurants in NYC, Bridgehampton (NY), Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Foxwoods (CT). With his latest projects consisting of Heritage Steak in Las Vegas (his second in Sin City) and the uber swanky Topping Rose House in Bridgehampton (the only 5-star hotel in the Hamptons and Colicchio’s first hotel management project), Colicchio has finally decided to expand his empire down south to Miami.
It's expected that Colicchio will tap Landy Labadie, Director of Hotel Food & Beverage Operations for the Topping Rose House to spearhead the Miami launch, restaurant and day-to-day F&B operations at 1 Hotel & Residences. Labadie is no stranger to the Miami restaurant scene, having launched, revamped and reprogrammed hotel F&B projects at places such as Grove Isle, The Tides, and Hotel Victor among others.
Tim Nardi, previously of the Morgans Hotel Group, will head up the project for Starwood Capital as Managing Director.
On another note, STK will move locations but remain on property and separate from the Colicchio umbrella.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai