Exclusive: The Pubbelly Restaurant Group and Macchialina Taverna Rustica have split
But the divorce, they say, is amicable
The Pubbelly Restaurant Group and Macchialina Taverna Rustica have divorced amicably, effective immediately. Macchialina’s chef Michael Pirolo and General Manager Jen Chaefsky have purchased the concept, name and brand from the Pubbelly Group and will now be operating the rustic Italian concept as a separate entity.
“Mike is one of Miami’s most talented chefs,” said Andreas Schreiner, Founding Partner and Managing Director for Pubbelly Restaurant Group. “We love him and Jen and could not be happier for them. Although we will miss having them as part of the team, Pubbelly Group will now have more time and energy to focus on our upcoming projects and continued growth. We wish them all the best and will continue to support our friends as vital members of Miami’s restaurant community.”
“Fully owning and operating a restaurant has long been a dream of ours,” says Pirolo. “Andreas, Jose and Sergio are like family to us, and Jen and I are grateful for all they have done to get us up and running for the first year, but we are also very excited about our future and what is to come.”
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years