Exclusive: The Pubbelly Restaurant Group and Macchialina Taverna Rustica have split
But the divorce, they say, is amicable
The Pubbelly Restaurant Group and Macchialina Taverna Rustica have divorced amicably, effective immediately. Macchialina’s chef Michael Pirolo and General Manager Jen Chaefsky have purchased the concept, name and brand from the Pubbelly Group and will now be operating the rustic Italian concept as a separate entity.
“Mike is one of Miami’s most talented chefs,” said Andreas Schreiner, Founding Partner and Managing Director for Pubbelly Restaurant Group. “We love him and Jen and could not be happier for them. Although we will miss having them as part of the team, Pubbelly Group will now have more time and energy to focus on our upcoming projects and continued growth. We wish them all the best and will continue to support our friends as vital members of Miami’s restaurant community.”
“Fully owning and operating a restaurant has long been a dream of ours,” says Pirolo. “Andreas, Jose and Sergio are like family to us, and Jen and I are grateful for all they have done to get us up and running for the first year, but we are also very excited about our future and what is to come.”
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach