Exclusive: The Pubbelly Restaurant Group and Macchialina Taverna Rustica have split
But the divorce, they say, is amicable
The Pubbelly Restaurant Group and Macchialina Taverna Rustica have divorced amicably, effective immediately. Macchialina’s chef Michael Pirolo and General Manager Jen Chaefsky have purchased the concept, name and brand from the Pubbelly Group and will now be operating the rustic Italian concept as a separate entity.
“Mike is one of Miami’s most talented chefs,” said Andreas Schreiner, Founding Partner and Managing Director for Pubbelly Restaurant Group. “We love him and Jen and could not be happier for them. Although we will miss having them as part of the team, Pubbelly Group will now have more time and energy to focus on our upcoming projects and continued growth. We wish them all the best and will continue to support our friends as vital members of Miami’s restaurant community.”
“Fully owning and operating a restaurant has long been a dream of ours,” says Pirolo. “Andreas, Jose and Sergio are like family to us, and Jen and I are grateful for all they have done to get us up and running for the first year, but we are also very excited about our future and what is to come.”
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.