Exclusive: The Pubbelly Restaurant Group and Macchialina Taverna Rustica have split
But the divorce, they say, is amicable
The Pubbelly Restaurant Group and Macchialina Taverna Rustica have divorced amicably, effective immediately. Macchialina’s chef Michael Pirolo and General Manager Jen Chaefsky have purchased the concept, name and brand from the Pubbelly Group and will now be operating the rustic Italian concept as a separate entity.
“Mike is one of Miami’s most talented chefs,” said Andreas Schreiner, Founding Partner and Managing Director for Pubbelly Restaurant Group. “We love him and Jen and could not be happier for them. Although we will miss having them as part of the team, Pubbelly Group will now have more time and energy to focus on our upcoming projects and continued growth. We wish them all the best and will continue to support our friends as vital members of Miami’s restaurant community.”
“Fully owning and operating a restaurant has long been a dream of ours,” says Pirolo. “Andreas, Jose and Sergio are like family to us, and Jen and I are grateful for all they have done to get us up and running for the first year, but we are also very excited about our future and what is to come.”
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar?
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami