Exclusive Hyde lounge opens at AmericanAirlines Arena in time for Miami Heat basketball season
Expect top cocktails and food choices from the SLS Hotel masterminds
After winning an NBA championship in thrilling fashion, what do you do for an encore if you are the Miami Heat?
You upgrade the Heat fan’s experience.
Debuting this 2012-2013 season is Hyde AmericanAirlines Arena, an exclusive 250-person venue that will offer award-winning mixology, cuisine, events, hospitality and design in a unique space featuring multiple bars, an array of lounge seating and a private dining room.
The chic lounge, located court-level on the south end of the arena with an exclusive VIP access point and valet, will be accessible during HEAT games as well as all arena events to courtside ticketholders, and is available for limited reservations and private events year-round. The space, which feels more like a high-end clubhouse and less like a sports bar inside a basketball arena, was designed by acclaimed Icelandic interior designer Gulla Jonsdottir of G+ Design, who also lent her expertise to the aesthetics of Hyde Hollywood and Hyde Bellagio.
Hyde will make its debut on Tuesday, Oct. 30 as LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and the rest of the Heat plays receive their rings and raise the championship banner. Through their partnership with the Miami HEAT, sbe will operate Hyde AmericanAirlines Arena in collaboration with Levy Restaurants, bringing an elite VIP lounge experience to the arena. sbe owns and operates over 40 properties nationwide and has expanded several of its flagship brands including SLS Hotels, Katsuya by Starck, The Bazaar by José Andrés and Hyde Lounge.
“AmericanAirlines Arena has earned a reputation as a world-class sports and entertainment venue through a commitment to innovation year-after-year,” said Eric Woolworth, President of The Heat Group’s Business Operations. “Partnering with sbe -one of the most innovative hospitality companies in North America - to launch Hyde AmericanAirlines Arena only further validates our commitment to providing our ticketholders with an unrivaled experience.”
“The debut of Hyde AmericanAirlines Arena represents a collaboration between two brands that share the common DNA of excellence, style and providing the best possible entertainment and hospitality experience,” added Costas Charalambous, Senior Vice President sbe Nightlife Group. “Together, we’re offering something game changing, not only for Miami HEAT ticketholders, but for the industry overall.”
In addition to providing an exclusive nightlife experience featuring live performances from top DJ’s, Hyde AmericanAirlines Arena will be the arena’s culinary epicenter with a menu composed by sbe’s award-winning Chef Danny Elmaleh, best known for his acclaimed concepts, Cleo and Mercato di Vetro. The menu will be contemporary Japanese with items such as a Kobe tenderloin, Double Hamachi and Dragon Rolls. Some food items that have already caught our eye include the Heat Roll (spicy tempura rock shrimp, grilled chilis) and the White Hot roll (baked scallops, spicy California, dynamite sauce. Sushi rolls range in price from $17 - $9
Complementing the cuisine, sbe’s mixology team will offer a branded cocktail program featuring beverages made with the freshest ingredients. Our preseason favorites include Air Mail (Bacardi Superior Rum, freshly pressed lime juice, house made clover honey syrup, Lanson “Black Label” champagne, Shaken, Up) and the Love Unit (Belvedere, Absolut Vanilla, Thai basil lime grapefruit, bell pepper, rocks). Specialty cocktails are $16.
For access to Hyde AmericanAirlines Arena, you have three ways to get in:
- Buy courtside seats and you have access to Hyde every game
- For non courtside ticket holders, you must call to make a reservation
- Don’t have a ticket to the game? Then you can purchase a Hyde ticket, but there is extremely limited availability.
And one last thing. If you think you will be able to watch the game from your booth at Hyde, you will but on one of several television screens. There is no view of the court from inside Hyde AmericanAirlines Arena.
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Keep the party going after the sun sets on Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 18 - 20
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach
- Nicole Moudaber brings her sounds to Space on Saturday
- Party with Jenny McCarthy at E11even Miami Saturday night after "Dirty Sexy Funny"
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 11 - 13
- Velvet Underground: Huahua's Taqueria launches a hot happy hour series and The Duke Lounge/Gallery opens in Little Havana
- Dada Life brought high-energy show to Miami