Ex-Nobu director of operations opening 3 new spots on Brickell with ex-Michael's Genuine sous chef at the helm of 2
Here's the deal with The Hoxton, Box Park & Harvey Wolf . . .
So, their people contacted ours and now we have the full story about the trio of venues opening on Brickell and related to the former Mare Nostrum space. After a 15-year run as Director of Worldwide Operations for Nobu, Santiago Rodriguez and the vassili Group are opening "three upscale establishments never before seen in Miami," hawks the PR team. Those three places, as we were saying, are The Hoxton, Box Park and Harvey Wolf.
“The idea is that happy hour is continuous and you can spend your entire evening at these three venues. Patrons can join us at The Hoxton for a casual drink, go next door to Box Park for a bite to eat, and end the evening at Harvey Wolf,” Rodriguez explains. “You can meet with friends or work colleagues, watch the big game on the TV, or even be on a date.”
The Hoxton is being described as an "urban beach house, while Box Park is an "intimate restaurant," and Harvey Wolf a "dark, seductive lounge." All three were inspired by Rodriguez's travel to places like, yep, Shoreditch in London, the location of the hipster Hoxton Hotel in which this writer stayed many moons ago and was speculating about yesterday.
“It’s the simple things like sitting in the family kitchen surrounded by great company; that’s what life is all about,” explains Rodriguez. “I want to create a venue where guests could feel comfortable, almost like they were in their friend’s living room.”
As for the kind of cuisine, the chef and all that information, former Michael's Genuine Food & Drink sous chef Matt Hinckley, who also helped to open Harry's Pizzeria, is the chef. The menu will be "true to the Hamptons, New England beach-house feel with clams, mussels and seafood fare."
Rodriguez has enlisted the help of high end interior designer, Valerie Pasquiou, whose thirteen years of experience includes residential, luxury commercial, and creative spaces with Hermes, Ralph Lauren, and the New York MTV office.
Expect a late October 2012 (!) opening of The Hoxton followed eventually by the openings of Box Park and Harvey Wolf. All three spaces will be located at the Axis building on Brickell in what will be, says BRPR Group's Gerard Bush, Creative Director of Branding for the project, "A lounge/restaurant row."
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton