Ex Liquid owner nabbed on suspicion of parole violation
Club now closed
South Florida nightlife promoter and entrepreneur Gus Renny, who was part owner of the now-defunct Miami Beach nightclub Liquid, was arrested last week on the suspicion he violated the terms of his probation. He’s out on $1,000 bond after the May 22 arrest by court deputies during a hearing in West Palm Beach. Renny pleaded guilty in February to violating an order of protection obtained by a girlfriend who accused him of harassing her. At the time Renny, 36, was placed on probation for one year and ordered to undergo domestic violence counseling. But a judge ordered him arrested during a court hearing last week after finding out that Renny contacted the ex he was ordered to stay away from.
On Our Radar
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested
- Emeril Lagasse talks food, milestones and Florida
- Wyclef Jean, Barry Gibb among performers at Miami Beach centennial concert
- Own a piece of art by Chris Brown