Ex Liquid owner nabbed on suspicion of parole violation
Club now closed
South Florida nightlife promoter and entrepreneur Gus Renny, who was part owner of the now-defunct Miami Beach nightclub Liquid, was arrested last week on the suspicion he violated the terms of his probation. He’s out on $1,000 bond after the May 22 arrest by court deputies during a hearing in West Palm Beach. Renny pleaded guilty in February to violating an order of protection obtained by a girlfriend who accused him of harassing her. At the time Renny, 36, was placed on probation for one year and ordered to undergo domestic violence counseling. But a judge ordered him arrested during a court hearing last week after finding out that Renny contacted the ex he was ordered to stay away from.
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street