Ex Liquid owner nabbed on suspicion of parole violation
Club now closed
South Florida nightlife promoter and entrepreneur Gus Renny, who was part owner of the now-defunct Miami Beach nightclub Liquid, was arrested last week on the suspicion he violated the terms of his probation. He’s out on $1,000 bond after the May 22 arrest by court deputies during a hearing in West Palm Beach. Renny pleaded guilty in February to violating an order of protection obtained by a girlfriend who accused him of harassing her. At the time Renny, 36, was placed on probation for one year and ordered to undergo domestic violence counseling. But a judge ordered him arrested during a court hearing last week after finding out that Renny contacted the ex he was ordered to stay away from.
On Our Radar
- Rumor mill: Shakira switches brokers midstream
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Emilio Estefan movie to have world premiere