Ex-China Grill, Lantao Kitchen chef Ferdinand Ortiz Jr. named Mister Collins' new Executive Chef
Chef Ortiz, meet Mister Collins
An alum of kitchens at China Grill and more recently Lantao Kitchen, Chef Ferdinand Ortiz has been tapped as executive chef of Mister Collins at the swanky ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa. Ortiz will oversee the hotel's food & beverage operations in addition to the the Pool Bar & Grill and room service. “I like to bring bright flavors and unexpected ingredients to the plate, with impeccable technique,” says Ortiz. As for his plans for the menu, Ortiz says "I've been working diligently on signature menu items exclusive to Mister Collins. A Petite Veal Porterhouse, Chorizo-Vegetable Flan and Faux Apple souffle are a small taste of some new dishes we are sure will impress our diners." According to our sources, Ortiz's fans at the restaurant include recent hotel guests Simon Cowell and baby Mama Lauren Silverman, who were on the receiving end of Ortiz's off the menu dulce de leche crème and spiced orange guava jam. "VIPs at the resort get this as a turndown with brie and crackers, but you can actually get them at the restaurant if you ask nicely. They will sell them to you, they just don’t advertise it," says an insider.
- Tobacco Road goes adrift: A Miamian's lament of historic bar's corporate partnership
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto