Ex-China Grill, Lantao Kitchen chef Ferdinand Ortiz Jr. named Mister Collins' new Executive Chef
Chef Ortiz, meet Mister Collins
An alum of kitchens at China Grill and more recently Lantao Kitchen, Chef Ferdinand Ortiz has been tapped as executive chef of Mister Collins at the swanky ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa. Ortiz will oversee the hotel's food & beverage operations in addition to the the Pool Bar & Grill and room service. “I like to bring bright flavors and unexpected ingredients to the plate, with impeccable technique,” says Ortiz. As for his plans for the menu, Ortiz says "I've been working diligently on signature menu items exclusive to Mister Collins. A Petite Veal Porterhouse, Chorizo-Vegetable Flan and Faux Apple souffle are a small taste of some new dishes we are sure will impress our diners." According to our sources, Ortiz's fans at the restaurant include recent hotel guests Simon Cowell and baby Mama Lauren Silverman, who were on the receiving end of Ortiz's off the menu dulce de leche crème and spiced orange guava jam. "VIPs at the resort get this as a turndown with brie and crackers, but you can actually get them at the restaurant if you ask nicely. They will sell them to you, they just don’t advertise it," says an insider.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai