Ex-China Grill, Lantao Kitchen chef Ferdinand Ortiz Jr. named Mister Collins' new Executive Chef
Chef Ortiz, meet Mister Collins
An alum of kitchens at China Grill and more recently Lantao Kitchen, Chef Ferdinand Ortiz has been tapped as executive chef of Mister Collins at the swanky ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa. Ortiz will oversee the hotel's food & beverage operations in addition to the the Pool Bar & Grill and room service. “I like to bring bright flavors and unexpected ingredients to the plate, with impeccable technique,” says Ortiz. As for his plans for the menu, Ortiz says "I've been working diligently on signature menu items exclusive to Mister Collins. A Petite Veal Porterhouse, Chorizo-Vegetable Flan and Faux Apple souffle are a small taste of some new dishes we are sure will impress our diners." According to our sources, Ortiz's fans at the restaurant include recent hotel guests Simon Cowell and baby Mama Lauren Silverman, who were on the receiving end of Ortiz's off the menu dulce de leche crème and spiced orange guava jam. "VIPs at the resort get this as a turndown with brie and crackers, but you can actually get them at the restaurant if you ask nicely. They will sell them to you, they just don’t advertise it," says an insider.
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage