Ex-Casa Casuarina chef Wolfgang Birk is Area 31's new executive chef
Area 31 debuts new menu, look on September 25
After stints in his native Germany at Michelin-starred Rino Casati in Cologne and then at Miami's Casa Casuarina (aka Versace Mansion), executive chef Wolfgang Birk is now running the kitchen at Area 31. In addition to the restaurant's new look debuting on September 25, Birk will reveal his menu, on which you'll find a signature dish of chopped greens with charred deckle, local jackfruit, pickled mustard seeds and edible flowers as well as chilled melon and cucumber soup with sweet crab and Paradise Farm's peppermint and ginger flowers; fluke topped off with caviar and a mussel vinaigrette; roasted lamb from Florida’s Fresh Beef Farms with wild mushroom, quinoa and watercress salsa verde; fresh caught lobster in a delicate wonton ravioli, Paradise Farm sweet peas and micro greens; and French macaroons, gluten-free Black Forest cake, Persimmon pudding and house-made ice creams and sorbet.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai