Ex-Casa Casuarina chef Wolfgang Birk is Area 31's new executive chef
Area 31 debuts new menu, look on September 25
After stints in his native Germany at Michelin-starred Rino Casati in Cologne and then at Miami's Casa Casuarina (aka Versace Mansion), executive chef Wolfgang Birk is now running the kitchen at Area 31. In addition to the restaurant's new look debuting on September 25, Birk will reveal his menu, on which you'll find a signature dish of chopped greens with charred deckle, local jackfruit, pickled mustard seeds and edible flowers as well as chilled melon and cucumber soup with sweet crab and Paradise Farm's peppermint and ginger flowers; fluke topped off with caviar and a mussel vinaigrette; roasted lamb from Florida’s Fresh Beef Farms with wild mushroom, quinoa and watercress salsa verde; fresh caught lobster in a delicate wonton ravioli, Paradise Farm sweet peas and micro greens; and French macaroons, gluten-free Black Forest cake, Persimmon pudding and house-made ice creams and sorbet.
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar?
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami