Ex-Casa Casuarina chef Wolfgang Birk is Area 31's new executive chef
Area 31 debuts new menu, look on September 25
After stints in his native Germany at Michelin-starred Rino Casati in Cologne and then at Miami's Casa Casuarina (aka Versace Mansion), executive chef Wolfgang Birk is now running the kitchen at Area 31. In addition to the restaurant's new look debuting on September 25, Birk will reveal his menu, on which you'll find a signature dish of chopped greens with charred deckle, local jackfruit, pickled mustard seeds and edible flowers as well as chilled melon and cucumber soup with sweet crab and Paradise Farm's peppermint and ginger flowers; fluke topped off with caviar and a mussel vinaigrette; roasted lamb from Florida’s Fresh Beef Farms with wild mushroom, quinoa and watercress salsa verde; fresh caught lobster in a delicate wonton ravioli, Paradise Farm sweet peas and micro greens; and French macaroons, gluten-free Black Forest cake, Persimmon pudding and house-made ice creams and sorbet.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.