Ex-Casa Casuarina chef Wolfgang Birk is Area 31's new executive chef
Area 31 debuts new menu, look on September 25
After stints in his native Germany at Michelin-starred Rino Casati in Cologne and then at Miami's Casa Casuarina (aka Versace Mansion), executive chef Wolfgang Birk is now running the kitchen at Area 31. In addition to the restaurant's new look debuting on September 25, Birk will reveal his menu, on which you'll find a signature dish of chopped greens with charred deckle, local jackfruit, pickled mustard seeds and edible flowers as well as chilled melon and cucumber soup with sweet crab and Paradise Farm's peppermint and ginger flowers; fluke topped off with caviar and a mussel vinaigrette; roasted lamb from Florida’s Fresh Beef Farms with wild mushroom, quinoa and watercress salsa verde; fresh caught lobster in a delicate wonton ravioli, Paradise Farm sweet peas and micro greens; and French macaroons, gluten-free Black Forest cake, Persimmon pudding and house-made ice creams and sorbet.
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar