Events: Wednesday, April 13
4/6/2011Chef Allen’s Burger and Beer Dinner: Five-course dinner featuring gourmet burgers paired with craft beers; 6:30 p.m.; Chef Allen’s, 19088 NE 29th Ave., Aventura; $59. Reservations required; 305-935-2900. Domaine de Canton Bartender of the Year Regional Semifinal Cocktail-Off: Maurice Cooper et Cie, producer and importer of Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur, presents the fourth semifinal regional competition for the Bartender of the Year Competition. Ten of Miami’s top mixologists show off their most creative cocktails to determine who goes to the finals on June 5-7 in St. Martin. Semifinalists include Camille Austin of Hakkasan at Fontainebleau, Elad Zvi of Bar Lab, and Gabriel Orta, Paul Sevigny and Richie Petronzi of The Florida Room at Delano Hotel. Free appetizers and samples of the competitors’ cocktails are available; 7 p.m., The Florida Room at Delano Hotel, 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; free. 305-672-2000. Now Taste This: Celebrating National Poetry Month, Jen Karetnick, author of two chapbooks of poetry (“Necessary Salt” and “Bud Break at Mango House”) and Nick Vagnoni, Florida International University professor and founding member of Miami Poetry Collective, read poems focusing on restaurants and food while guests dine; 7 p.m., Vino e Olio, 139 NE 39th St., Miami; call for reservations. 305-573-0707. Taste of the Nation: Features dozens of Palm Beach County’s top chefs and restaurants, scores of wines and spirits, a VIP reception and a live auction. Benefits Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry Campaign; 6-9 p.m., Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, 701 Okeechobee Blvd., Cohen Pavilion, West Palm Beach; $150 VIP, $125 VIP in advance (includes an exclusive lounge area, cooking competitions, special wine and spirits and a gift bag); $100 general admission, $80 general admission in advance. 561-998-2983.
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- South Florida just got another serious steakhouse
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Phuc Yea pops up for good
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee:
- Poke, not sushi, is what's cool in Miami. Yelp helps us find it
- It's the last day of Miami Spice. Here's where you're eating