Events: Friday, April 8
4/6/2011Cancer Crawl: Gilda’s Emerging Leaders and The Village at Gulfstream Park offer guests one free beverage and/or appetizer at each of the seven participating bars. Benefits Gilda’s Club South Florida; 7-10:30 p.m., all participating bars located at The Village at Gulfstream Park, 501 S. Federal Hwy., Hallandale Beach; $25 (includes event T-shirt and $15 casino play vouchers). Reservations required; 954-763-6776. Friday Night Blues & Brews: Live blues by Midnite Mike, single beers starting at $1.49, glasses of wine for $3.99 and freshly brewed coffee drinks; 7-9 p.m., Whole Foods Market, 810 University Dr., Coral Springs. 954-753-8000. Friday Night Wine Tasting Series: With wine educator Barry Alberts; 7-9:30 p.m., Panorama Restaurant & Sky Lounge at the Sonesta Bayfront Hotel, 2889 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove; $15. 305-793-3120. Pho-The Classic Vietnamese Noodle Soup: Lan Pan-Asian chef Johnson Teh shows how to make Vietnam’s beef noodle soup; 6-9 p.m. April 14; Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables; $60, $45 FTBG members, register by close of business April 8. 305-667-1651, ext. 3322. Riverwalk Get Downtown: Fort Lauderdale’s largest outdoor cocktail event offers the best flavors from local restaurants and bars. Benefits the nonprofit Riverwalk Trust; 5-8 p.m., Plaza at Las Olas Place, 333 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; $25, $20 in advance, free for Riverwalk Trust members at the Riverwalk 100 level and up. 954-468-1541, ext. 201. Roots in the City Farmer’s Market: 1-4 p.m. (also Wednesdays), through May 27; at the corner of Northwest Second Avenue and 10th Street, Miami; 305-772-3229. Williams-Sonoma Science in the Kitchen-Eggs: Free event. Call for time. Store locator at www.williams-sonoma.com.
- This Cuban-American landmark is as good as it gets for Miami flavors
- This brewery wants to prove your abuelita's domino game is strong
- How to get a free pizza at Brickell's newest Italian eatery this week
- Beer ice cream is real — and it will be boozy
- Historic S&S Diner won't be evicted — for now
- What are Miami's best spots for late-night eats?
- Best bets for Miami Spice in Coral Gables
- Nine courses for $90 dollars on a 90th anniversary
- This Brickell spot lets you look out over Miami with a cocktail
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is