Enrique Iglesias: I'll water ski naked
Enrique Iglesias, a native Spaniard, made a risky - and risque - bet on the Spanish soccer team.
Enrique Iglesias promised to make good on a promise.
The Spanish crooner obviously wasn’t too confident that his native country would win its first World Cup title because he told the BBC late last month he would do a pretty crazy thing: ‘‘If Spain wins, I’m going to get drunk and ski naked in Biscayne Bay.’’
Of course, the 35-year-old native madrileño made the statement June 23, when Spain wasn’t expected to go to the final phase. Hello, Paul the octopus? Iglesias probably started doing push-ups right after learning the Spaniards beat Holland 1-0 during Sunday’s final. Because apparently, the naked ski is on: ‘‘A bet is a bet!’’ the I Like It singer told Access Hollywood.
Wonder what girlfriend Anna Kournikova will say about that.
On Our Radar
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday
- Artist Shepard Fairey talks Hennessy bottle design in Wynwood
- New Miami Heat players spotted around town
- Robin Williams mourned at South Beach hotel