Enjoy craft spirits and beer in Miami this weekend
'Craft: Spirits & Beer' festival at Soho Studios includes tasting gallery experience, panel discussions, and masters' dinner series
Craft spirits, much like craft beers, are in high demand across the country. The beer movement came first about 5 – 10 years ago and it opened the door for spirits made at micro-distilleries. Drinkers drive the demand with a thirst for quality, exclusivity and a more bespoke experience, making small-batch booze the fastest growing segment in the beverage industry.
To celebrate the surge in popularity, head to CRAFT: Spirits & Beer at Soho Studios, 2136 NW 1st Ave. in Wynwood, a three-day program from Friday, Nov. 8 - Sunday, Nov. 10, showcasing what the festival’s advisory board considers best-in-show artisanal spirits and beers.
For spirits, the number of distilleries in the U.S. has grown to more than 250 in 2012 from just 50 in 2005, according to the American Distilling Institute. Many of these craft distillers are so successful that they find it hard to keep the pace of accelerated production. This is why many of their products are considered so special and sought after by the most discerning palates.
The main event for the general public is Saturday’s Tasting Gallery Experience, featuring exhibitors like Brooklyn Brewery, Koval, Dry Fly Distilling, Benromach Distillery, Balcones, Miami Rum Club, Atsby Vermouth, Cape Distillers, Compass Box and Tuthilltown Spirits. Expect tastings and pairings with food from the Daily Melt, Illegal Bakery, Saucy Stache and Cabot cheese.
Educational panel discussions, off-site masters’ dinners, and a BBQ Brunch on Sunday are also available with prices ranging from free to $150 per person.
CRAFT: Spirits & Beer
Nov. 8-10 at Soho Studios, 2136 NW 1st Ave., Miami
Complete schedule and tickets at
- 5 places in Miami to celebrate National Tequila Day
- Have you discovered Miami's top 5 hidden bars yet?
- Could this be the best wine bar on Calle Ocho in Miami?
- 5 best ladies nights in Fort Lauderdale
- These are the best places for a fun ladies night on Miami Beach
- Where to order a $435 shot on National Scotch Day
- Where to get a 24-karat gold infused margarita on National Tequila Day
- Where to bar hop on Miami Beach without leaving the hotel
- 5 New Bars in Miami You Must Visit this Weekend
- 5 way to get your drink on without breaking the bank this weekend