Emilio Estefan brings the HEAT
New song Celebrate is for basketball fans
Emilio Estefan really wants to rev up Miami Heat fans.
The Grammy Award winning producer has partnered with the basket- ball team to create a new team song. You'll hear Celebrate just in time for Friday's home opener against the Orlando Magic, and it's guaranteed to get you moving with lyrics like "Feel the heat/C'mon now, the heat is on/It's hot in Miami/Stand up and make some noise."
There's also a Spanish part to the one-minute ditty -- "Miami esta caliente!'' It's a no-brainer why Estefan got involved. "We want to put Miami in the spotlight," he says.
"When people go to a game they want to enjoy themselves." The spotlight's bigger than ever with the Dream Team of James, Wade and Bosh. "We really do have something special in South Florida," Estefan continues. "We're making a difference when it comes to sports."
Celebrate, fronted by local rapper Punchy, is a musical hybrid. "It's a whole mix -- from hip- hop to R&B to Latino and Haitian music," Estefan explains. ‘I think I capture the spirit of the city and it's a sound that will definitely generate a lot of excitement at the games." T
his is the second song used by the team -- the first Can You Feel The HEAT (Down In My Soul), was written by local pro- ducer, Derrick "Big D'' Baker in 1996.
On Our Radar
- Atlanta Housewife Kandi Burruss bringing play to Miami
- Cindy Crawford hangs in Bal Harbour
- Singer Lily Allen visits local spots
- Dwyane Wade & Gabrielle Union show honeymoon pics
- Chris Paciello buys home near country club in Miami Beach
- Locals turn out for Bill Clinton
- Ex Miami restaurateur Josh Woodward murder trial date set for February in Los Angeles
- Hip hop royalty in town
- Concerts from Usher and Adam Levine in South Florida
- Real Wolf of Wall Street coming to Miami