Emilio Estefan brings the HEAT
New song Celebrate is for basketball fans
Emilio Estefan really wants to rev up Miami Heat fans.
The Grammy Award winning producer has partnered with the basket- ball team to create a new team song. You'll hear Celebrate just in time for Friday's home opener against the Orlando Magic, and it's guaranteed to get you moving with lyrics like "Feel the heat/C'mon now, the heat is on/It's hot in Miami/Stand up and make some noise."
There's also a Spanish part to the one-minute ditty -- "Miami esta caliente!'' It's a no-brainer why Estefan got involved. "We want to put Miami in the spotlight," he says.
"When people go to a game they want to enjoy themselves." The spotlight's bigger than ever with the Dream Team of James, Wade and Bosh. "We really do have something special in South Florida," Estefan continues. "We're making a difference when it comes to sports."
Celebrate, fronted by local rapper Punchy, is a musical hybrid. "It's a whole mix -- from hip- hop to R&B to Latino and Haitian music," Estefan explains. ‘I think I capture the spirit of the city and it's a sound that will definitely generate a lot of excitement at the games." T
his is the second song used by the team -- the first Can You Feel The HEAT (Down In My Soul), was written by local pro- ducer, Derrick "Big D'' Baker in 1996.
On Our Radar
- Hillary Clinton joins Marc Anthony on stage
- Scott Disick spotted with new ladyfriend in Miami Beach
- David Cassidy cited after car crash
- Young magician to appear at Arsht gala
- Phil Collins set to perform at charity gala
- Soledad O'Brien at 'I Am Latino in America' conference
- Shaq to host Barry University bash
- Cindy Crawford in town for new book
- Miami Marlins VIPs focus on wellness
- Alex Rodriguez buys pricey condo