Ellen goes green
New website for healthy eaters
Ellen DeGeneres has taken her love for the vegan lifestyle and turned it into a new website called “Going Vegan with Ellen.” It's an offshoot of the official Ellen.com, and introduces eaters to Wendy's drive through to an all-plant diet. “Scientific studies supported by the American Dietetic Association have confirmed that vegan and vegetarian diets are associated with lower cholesterol, lower risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure, lower risk of hypertension and Type 2 diabetes, lower body fat, and lower overall cancer rates,” the site states. “In fact, studies have shown that a vegan diet can actually reverse diabetes, heart disease and even cancer.”
The ex American Idol judge, 53, chose a vegan lifestyle about three year ago after being scared straight (a meat hangover, perhaps?). Her wife, actress Portia de Rossi, must have also nudged her along.
The site also features FAQs, recipes, tips and book and film resources.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails