Ellen goes green
New website for healthy eaters
Ellen DeGeneres has taken her love for the vegan lifestyle and turned it into a new website called “Going Vegan with Ellen.” It's an offshoot of the official Ellen.com, and introduces eaters to Wendy's drive through to an all-plant diet. “Scientific studies supported by the American Dietetic Association have confirmed that vegan and vegetarian diets are associated with lower cholesterol, lower risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure, lower risk of hypertension and Type 2 diabetes, lower body fat, and lower overall cancer rates,” the site states. “In fact, studies have shown that a vegan diet can actually reverse diabetes, heart disease and even cancer.”
The ex American Idol judge, 53, chose a vegan lifestyle about three year ago after being scared straight (a meat hangover, perhaps?). Her wife, actress Portia de Rossi, must have also nudged her along.
The site also features FAQs, recipes, tips and book and film resources.
On Our Radar
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook
- Pokemon Go Invades Miami and here’s our cheat sheet