Ellen goes green
New website for healthy eaters
Ellen DeGeneres has taken her love for the vegan lifestyle and turned it into a new website called “Going Vegan with Ellen.” It's an offshoot of the official Ellen.com, and introduces eaters to Wendy's drive through to an all-plant diet. “Scientific studies supported by the American Dietetic Association have confirmed that vegan and vegetarian diets are associated with lower cholesterol, lower risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure, lower risk of hypertension and Type 2 diabetes, lower body fat, and lower overall cancer rates,” the site states. “In fact, studies have shown that a vegan diet can actually reverse diabetes, heart disease and even cancer.”
The ex American Idol judge, 53, chose a vegan lifestyle about three year ago after being scared straight (a meat hangover, perhaps?). Her wife, actress Portia de Rossi, must have also nudged her along.
The site also features FAQs, recipes, tips and book and film resources.
On Our Radar
- It's decision time for Dwyane Wade
- Launch party for Moscai hosted at The W
- Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo spotted at W Hotel
- Magic Mike XXL stars at Miami Walk of Fame ceremony
- Irie Weekend a success
- Report: Prince Royce needs to pay up
- Real Housewives couple sue
- Kylie Jenner makes appearance at Sugar Factory
- AC Hotel opens with a stylish bang
- Audrina Patridge: I'm loving life