Ellen goes green
New website for healthy eaters
Ellen DeGeneres has taken her love for the vegan lifestyle and turned it into a new website called “Going Vegan with Ellen.” It's an offshoot of the official Ellen.com, and introduces eaters to Wendy's drive through to an all-plant diet. “Scientific studies supported by the American Dietetic Association have confirmed that vegan and vegetarian diets are associated with lower cholesterol, lower risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure, lower risk of hypertension and Type 2 diabetes, lower body fat, and lower overall cancer rates,” the site states. “In fact, studies have shown that a vegan diet can actually reverse diabetes, heart disease and even cancer.”
The ex American Idol judge, 53, chose a vegan lifestyle about three year ago after being scared straight (a meat hangover, perhaps?). Her wife, actress Portia de Rossi, must have also nudged her along.
The site also features FAQs, recipes, tips and book and film resources.
On Our Radar
- A Year in Pitbull
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity
- Fifth Harmony singer Lauren Jauregui comes out in letter
- Marc Anthony splits with wife
- Internet claps back at guy who yelled 'Trump!' in viral Starbucks video