Egg hunts, cooking class, Frozen screening & Munchkin Fun's 10 other fun things to do this week
We’ve got bunnies, dinosaurs, Anna & Elsa on the brain…
Hello, hello - hope everyone had a great weekend. We’ve got bunnies, dinosaurs & Frozen on the brain…
HOP TO EASTER FUN
Tis the season for bunnies, photo-ops, egg hunts holiday fun - check out our 2014 Easter guide, presented by Jungle Island. It’s chock full of events & activities your whole family will love - click here to start planning now!
Go green with an nature-focused mommy & me Monday morning in Midtown, treat the kids to a Frozen family movie & flashlight tour in Pinecrest, get in the kitchen with a Saturday morning kids cooking class, explore an enchanted fairy garden and all things prehistoric at the Dinosauria Experience on the Beach or score a date night via Parent’s Night Out at My Gym Coral Gables. Click here to start booking your calendar.
FIND FREEBIE FUN
Indulge in frozen deliciousness courtesy of Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry’s, explore paper weaving & inspirational writing in Doral, get crafty over mosaics and stories in the Design District, read & sing along with the Florida Grand Opera in Miami Gardens or demo infant massage in North Miami. Click here for all the details.
GET COOKING WITH OUR 12-YEAR-OLD GUEST CHEF JULIAN
Munchkin Fun Miami is about to get WAY more delicious. Meet our favorite new chef (and Munchkin Fun Miami contributor): 12-year-old Julian Lichtenfeld. The South Florida chef is the author of Beyond Mac N Cheese, a blog showcasing healthy, family-friendly recipes and food facts. Julian will be sharing regular recipes & food tips with us and his first one is a goodie. Take a big bite into family-friendly spinach enchilladas…
- Miami chefs lead Build Your Own Brunch to benefit United Way of Miami-Dade
- Pubbelly Sushi is being exported to the Dominican Republic
- Miami chefs to promote South Florida, equality in Costa Rica culinary trips
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation
- Restaurant closures: 1826 in Miami Beach, Southern Swank Kitchen in Davie
- Barley to open a second Dadeland restaurant in Kendall