Eden South Beach
It’s all about living and enjoying the organic life at this new restaurant
eden South Beach
210 23rd street, Miami Beach
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Bar menu: 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Dinner: 5:30 p.m. - 10 p.m. (bar menu until 1 a.m.) / on Friday and Saturday 5:30 p.m. - Midnight (bar menu until 2 a.m.)
The hot spot that is 23rd and Collins on Miami Beach has a revamped space with a new face.
Eden South Beach takes over what was once Talula restaurant and has transformed the once tired 3,000 square-foot space into a clean and vibrant explosion of greenery (amazing what some paint and creativity can do to a place).
The green wallpaper design is inspired by vegetables. The bathrooms have snake-skin replica images. When you enter there is a dividing wall complete with fresh plants and large leaves. (You’re in a big garden – like the very first garden - get the idea?)
Interior designer Andrew Alford of Dirty Lines Design Studio created a trio of organic spaces: a bar/lounge with 10 seats at the bar, an airy dining room that seats 62 and boasts an open-theater kitchen and a "Garden of Eden" outdoor courtyard that seats 54 people, has an outdoor bar that seats 6 and is surrounded by plenty of vegetation. Also outside are arrays of fresh herbs that will provide over 20 percent of the menu. (Wait til you see the bar outside – a combination of mirrors and floral pots – should look very unique.)
The restaurant will feature seasonal American cuisine (we have seasons in Miami?) by James Beard award-winning chef Christopher Lee. A fusion of progressive technique, farm-fresh standards and Lee's distinguished aesthetic and precision, the restaurant's menu is highlighted by flavorful dishes with a "garden-to-table" approach.
The space is owned and operated by Kelley Jones, who recently opened PUB in Las Vegas with chef Todd English, chef Lee, nightlife magnate Chuck Schafer and local entrepreneur Lawrence Rizzo. Opening night is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 29.
- Gimme A Burger's burgers will have you saying, 'Gimme'
- Miami Spice Report Cards: Grading the Restaurants, Part 2
- 3 stars for NIU Kitchen's modern accent on Spanish tapas
- Holy guacamole: Cantina La Veinte pushes upmarket Mexican food in Miami
- Brickell and Miami's Design District are getting new Italian restaurants
- Las Olas gets a new Italian restaurant
- What Craft Beer Style Are You?
- Sip with the experts at La Cave d'Azur's weekly wine tasting
- Feast on a 2lb lobster at Morton's Aug 22
- 7 Peruvian seafood restaurants in Miami to try now