Eats & Beats dining event debuts this Saturday night
Designed for locals and featuring local restaurants and DJs
Yes, yes, it's the South Beach Wine & Food Frenzy--er, Festival, but not everyone has $500 to blow on burgers with thousands of hungry, antsy, interloping, Guy Fieri-autograph seeking carnivores.
A locals' alternative to that would be Eats N Beats, from 7:30 p.m. to midnight Saturday, Feb. 22 at the Moore Building (4040 NE 2nd Ave.).
The event features DJ Irie, Kitty Carmichael, DJ Mr. Sandman and DJ Michelle Pooch. That's the beats part of it.
The eats includes food from a zillion local restaurants including Gibraltar at Grove Isle, City Hall the Restaurant, Larios, Ralph Pagano's yet-to-be-named Mexican restaurant, Epicure, Ana Paz Cakes, 2 Girls and a Cupcake and more.
(And there will also be booze, because if you can name one Miami event that's dry besides an AA meeting, we'll give you our tickets to the Burger Bash.)
Tickets, which cost $99 for general admission and $250 for VIP which includes an hour early admission, swag and more will benefit the Irie Foundation that aims to aid youth and improve their graduation rates. For info and tix visit www.eatsnbeatsmiami.com
Miami.com is giving away pairs of tickets to the event. All you have to do is tell us why you deserve a pair in the Facebook comments below.
- Miami's Momi doubles down with downtown dumpling den
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- 'Top Chef' alum Spike Mendelsohn to open Sunny's at The Hall hotel in South Beach
- The List: Miami's 10 best bites with chef Diego Oka of La Mar
- Zuma's sibling Coya swaggers into Brickell
- Quality Meats stays true to name in Miami Beach
- Bánh mì and bubble tea are on the menu at 545 Degree Café in Davie
- Porfirio's closes in South Beach, Señor Frog's opening delayed