Eating House returns as pop up Friday, permanently in November
Giorgio Rapicavoli and partner Alex Cassanova buy and settle into Cafe Ponce
Eating House owner/chef and Food Network’s Chopped winner Giorgio Rapicavoli announces that he and business partner Alex Cassanova are buying their pop up location, Café Ponce, and opening a permanent installment of Eating House in November.
No need to wait until then to check it out as Rapicavoli and co. will make a brief encore in the same location Friday, August 17 through early October. Rapicavoli and Cassanova will close up shop for some remodeling of Café Ponce in October while they return to Italy for a culinary tour of the countryside and for Rapicavoli’s second guest chef appearance with Slow Food's Terra Madre at the end of the month.
“We’ve come to love our intimate little home and are so thrilled to have taken over for the tenants,” says Rapicavoli. “We will close for a little while to change some things up and make it our own, but we will have the same basic feel that has worked out for us so well.”
When Eating House settles into its home permanently, they will be serving both lunch and dinner and patrons can likely expect to see some new creations from Rapicavoli, fresh off his Italian tour.
- Tobacco Road goes adrift: A Miamian's lament of historic bar's corporate partnership
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto