Eating House returns as pop up Friday, permanently in November
Giorgio Rapicavoli and partner Alex Cassanova buy and settle into Cafe Ponce
Eating House owner/chef and Food Network’s Chopped winner Giorgio Rapicavoli announces that he and business partner Alex Cassanova are buying their pop up location, Café Ponce, and opening a permanent installment of Eating House in November.
No need to wait until then to check it out as Rapicavoli and co. will make a brief encore in the same location Friday, August 17 through early October. Rapicavoli and Cassanova will close up shop for some remodeling of Café Ponce in October while they return to Italy for a culinary tour of the countryside and for Rapicavoli’s second guest chef appearance with Slow Food's Terra Madre at the end of the month.
“We’ve come to love our intimate little home and are so thrilled to have taken over for the tenants,” says Rapicavoli. “We will close for a little while to change some things up and make it our own, but we will have the same basic feel that has worked out for us so well.”
When Eating House settles into its home permanently, they will be serving both lunch and dinner and patrons can likely expect to see some new creations from Rapicavoli, fresh off his Italian tour.
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab
- Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi’lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016
- Move over koji: The "Approachable" Restaurant is Miami's latest, hottest food trend
- Picking your political poison: Broken Shaker debuts the Sorry Donald cocktail
- Who makes Miami's prettiest latte?
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli's 2-night Azul collaboration
- Donuts and cocktails for Friday's National Donut Day
- A new Top 10: 4-star Plant Food and Wine tops 2016's best-reviewed restaurants