Eating House chef Giorgio Rapicavoli launches Drinking Room pop-up at Hotel Astor during Art Basel Miami Beach with edible art installations
Chef Janice Wong of Singapore will create the edible art that hangs on the walls
Giorgio Rapicavoli, whose pop up Eating House has turned into one of Coral Gables' most permanent must eats, is launching the Drinking Room, a pop-up bar at the Hotel Astor (956 Washington Ave., Miami Beach) Tuesday, Dec. 3 and will be open daily through New Year’s Eve.
On the menu: Tenth & Washington made with tequila, guanabana, lime, jalapeno and cilantro; Grow A Pear featuring spiced scotch, velvet flanerum and roasted pear; Daniel San prepared using ‘jojo green tea’ vodka, yuzu, shizo and rambutan; and small plates including Carbonara Croquetas with Arborio rice, black truffle, bacon and parmigiano among other things.
During Art Basel (Dec. 5-8) , chef Janice Wong of Singapore will partner with Rapicavoli to create edible art installations that will hang on the walls. Wong has been recognized to be among the best in her field by different culinary institutions as evidenced by her numerous invitations and awards for the past two years. Her 2am:dessertbar and 2am:lab has changed the perception of the dessert experience.
“With Art Basel and the holiday season, this is an exciting time in South Beach and we are thrilled to have Chef Rapicavoli bring his signature style to Hotel Astor during the official launch of the rebirth of this classic hotel,” said David Hart, Hotel Astor Managing Partner.
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai
- Morimoto closing Sept. 30 in South Beach
- For the first time, a woman runs the kitchen at The Forge in Miami Beach
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami