Eating House chef Giorgio Rapicavoli launches Drinking Room pop-up at Hotel Astor during Art Basel Miami Beach with edible art installations
Chef Janice Wong of Singapore will create the edible art that hangs on the walls
Giorgio Rapicavoli, whose pop up Eating House has turned into one of Coral Gables' most permanent must eats, is launching the Drinking Room, a pop-up bar at the Hotel Astor (956 Washington Ave., Miami Beach) Tuesday, Dec. 3 and will be open daily through New Year’s Eve.
On the menu: Tenth & Washington made with tequila, guanabana, lime, jalapeno and cilantro; Grow A Pear featuring spiced scotch, velvet flanerum and roasted pear; Daniel San prepared using ‘jojo green tea’ vodka, yuzu, shizo and rambutan; and small plates including Carbonara Croquetas with Arborio rice, black truffle, bacon and parmigiano among other things.
During Art Basel (Dec. 5-8) , chef Janice Wong of Singapore will partner with Rapicavoli to create edible art installations that will hang on the walls. Wong has been recognized to be among the best in her field by different culinary institutions as evidenced by her numerous invitations and awards for the past two years. Her 2am:dessertbar and 2am:lab has changed the perception of the dessert experience.
“With Art Basel and the holiday season, this is an exciting time in South Beach and we are thrilled to have Chef Rapicavoli bring his signature style to Hotel Astor during the official launch of the rebirth of this classic hotel,” said David Hart, Hotel Astor Managing Partner.
- Free Food, Drink & More at My Ceviche Midtown's 3-Day Grand Opening Block Party Dec. 16
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress