Eating House chef Giorgio Rapicavoli launches Drinking Room pop-up at Hotel Astor during Art Basel Miami Beach with edible art installations
Chef Janice Wong of Singapore will create the edible art that hangs on the walls
Giorgio Rapicavoli, whose pop up Eating House has turned into one of Coral Gables' most permanent must eats, is launching the Drinking Room, a pop-up bar at the Hotel Astor (956 Washington Ave., Miami Beach) Tuesday, Dec. 3 and will be open daily through New Year’s Eve.
On the menu: Tenth & Washington made with tequila, guanabana, lime, jalapeno and cilantro; Grow A Pear featuring spiced scotch, velvet flanerum and roasted pear; Daniel San prepared using ‘jojo green tea’ vodka, yuzu, shizo and rambutan; and small plates including Carbonara Croquetas with Arborio rice, black truffle, bacon and parmigiano among other things.
During Art Basel (Dec. 5-8) , chef Janice Wong of Singapore will partner with Rapicavoli to create edible art installations that will hang on the walls. Wong has been recognized to be among the best in her field by different culinary institutions as evidenced by her numerous invitations and awards for the past two years. Her 2am:dessertbar and 2am:lab has changed the perception of the dessert experience.
“With Art Basel and the holiday season, this is an exciting time in South Beach and we are thrilled to have Chef Rapicavoli bring his signature style to Hotel Astor during the official launch of the rebirth of this classic hotel,” said David Hart, Hotel Astor Managing Partner.
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space