Eat well & do good with Dave Barry at Special Olympics' Sponsor an Athlete Awards Dinner Sept 21
Enjoy a VIP cocktail reception, silent & live auctions, sit-down dinner, dancing, music by the Spam Allstars and a night with Dave Barry
Hang with Miami royalty Saturday, Sept 21 as Dave Barry hosts the Special Olympics' Sponsor an Athlete Awards Dinner. Invest $350 and enjoy a VIP cocktail reception, silent & live auctions, sit-down dinner, dancing and music by the Spam Allstars. The event honors the legacy of Eunice Kennedy Shriver and celebrates the Special Olympics.
“The annual awards dinner is our opportunity to recognize our most incredible athletes and coaches, say thank you to our volunteers and community partners and raise awareness and funds to support Miami-Dade County’s program that serves nearly 3,000 athletes," said Special Olympics Florida program director Linsey Harris Smith. "We cannot think of a better way to honor Special Olympics Founder, Eunice Kennedy Shriver.”
The fun runs from 7-11pm at LaGorce Country Club (5685 Alton Rd, Miami Beach). Limited tickets available - buy now here! Each ticket sold will sponsor one Miami-Dade athlete for a full year of sports training and competition.
See and Do
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill