Eat well & do good with Dave Barry at Special Olympics' Sponsor an Athlete Awards Dinner Sept 21
Enjoy a VIP cocktail reception, silent & live auctions, sit-down dinner, dancing, music by the Spam Allstars and a night with Dave Barry
Hang with Miami royalty Saturday, Sept 21 as Dave Barry hosts the Special Olympics' Sponsor an Athlete Awards Dinner. Invest $350 and enjoy a VIP cocktail reception, silent & live auctions, sit-down dinner, dancing and music by the Spam Allstars. The event honors the legacy of Eunice Kennedy Shriver and celebrates the Special Olympics.
“The annual awards dinner is our opportunity to recognize our most incredible athletes and coaches, say thank you to our volunteers and community partners and raise awareness and funds to support Miami-Dade County’s program that serves nearly 3,000 athletes," said Special Olympics Florida program director Linsey Harris Smith. "We cannot think of a better way to honor Special Olympics Founder, Eunice Kennedy Shriver.”
The fun runs from 7-11pm at LaGorce Country Club (5685 Alton Rd, Miami Beach). Limited tickets available - buy now here! Each ticket sold will sponsor one Miami-Dade athlete for a full year of sports training and competition.
See and Do
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13
- Colombian mangoes will be the star at this weekend’s Mango Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden