Eat well & do good with Dave Barry at Special Olympics' Sponsor an Athlete Awards Dinner Sept 21
Enjoy a VIP cocktail reception, silent & live auctions, sit-down dinner, dancing, music by the Spam Allstars and a night with Dave Barry
Hang with Miami royalty Saturday, Sept 21 as Dave Barry hosts the Special Olympics' Sponsor an Athlete Awards Dinner. Invest $350 and enjoy a VIP cocktail reception, silent & live auctions, sit-down dinner, dancing and music by the Spam Allstars. The event honors the legacy of Eunice Kennedy Shriver and celebrates the Special Olympics.
“The annual awards dinner is our opportunity to recognize our most incredible athletes and coaches, say thank you to our volunteers and community partners and raise awareness and funds to support Miami-Dade County’s program that serves nearly 3,000 athletes," said Special Olympics Florida program director Linsey Harris Smith. "We cannot think of a better way to honor Special Olympics Founder, Eunice Kennedy Shriver.”
The fun runs from 7-11pm at LaGorce Country Club (5685 Alton Rd, Miami Beach). Limited tickets available - buy now here! Each ticket sold will sponsor one Miami-Dade athlete for a full year of sports training and competition.
See and Do
- Port-au-Prince Jazz fest comes to Little Haiti Cultural Center
- Disney's 'Worlds of Fantasy' skates into Miami
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- Coral Gables Museum hosts 'The Big One', a collection of Hurricane Andrew photos