Eat to aid Japan at Chef Allen’s, Mandarin Oriental
An international culinary effort to raise money for Japanese disaster relief chaired by South Florida’s own Allen Susser holds its second event Tuesday at his Chef Allen’s, 19088 NE 29th Ave., Aventura.
Tickets, which include sake and wine donated by Southern Wine and Spirits, are $150; 305-935-2900, www.chefshelpjapan.com.
Meanwhile, The Mandarin Oriental, 500 Brickell Key Dr., Miami, plans to give the Japanese Red Cross disaster-relief fund 20 percent of the proceeds from Sunday’s Oasis Beach Club season opener. The noon-6 p.m. “Sizzlin’ Sundaze” party will feature badminton and paddleball setups, beach hammocks, $8 cocktails and beers and the club’s menu of burgers, hot dogs, sushi and salads. There’s no cover charge, but parking is $11; 305-913-8358.
- The List: Corsair's Scott Conant
- Jean-Georges turns to Latino cooking at new Matador Room in Miami Beach
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose
- Italian ices and wine cocktails flow at Veni Vidi Vici Social Club in Miami
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- Hoffman's Chocolates engineers sweet treats for the holidays
- Chef changes at Verde, Steak 954, Makoto
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- Michelle Bernstein's Seagrape serves upscale elegance in new Thompson Hotel
- Miami restaurant review: Is Iron Chef Morimoto up to the South Beach challenge?