Eat to aid Japan at Chef Allen’s, Mandarin Oriental
An international culinary effort to raise money for Japanese disaster relief chaired by South Florida’s own Allen Susser holds its second event Tuesday at his Chef Allen’s, 19088 NE 29th Ave., Aventura.
Tickets, which include sake and wine donated by Southern Wine and Spirits, are $150; 305-935-2900, www.chefshelpjapan.com.
Meanwhile, The Mandarin Oriental, 500 Brickell Key Dr., Miami, plans to give the Japanese Red Cross disaster-relief fund 20 percent of the proceeds from Sunday’s Oasis Beach Club season opener. The noon-6 p.m. “Sizzlin’ Sundaze” party will feature badminton and paddleball setups, beach hammocks, $8 cocktails and beers and the club’s menu of burgers, hot dogs, sushi and salads. There’s no cover charge, but parking is $11; 305-913-8358.
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu
- Cantina la Veinte debuts at Icon Brickell July 28
- North Miami's Great Harvest meets customers' kneads
- The List: Eating around Miami with Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
- Brew in Miami: J Wakefield Brewing gets ready to open in Wynwood
- 3 stars for Taperia Raca's fresh take on classic tapas in Miami
- New restaurants move in to Miami: Il Mulino, Bistro BE, Mignonette