Eat to aid Japan at Chef Allen’s, Mandarin Oriental
An international culinary effort to raise money for Japanese disaster relief chaired by South Florida’s own Allen Susser holds its second event Tuesday at his Chef Allen’s, 19088 NE 29th Ave., Aventura.
Tickets, which include sake and wine donated by Southern Wine and Spirits, are $150; 305-935-2900, www.chefshelpjapan.com.
Meanwhile, The Mandarin Oriental, 500 Brickell Key Dr., Miami, plans to give the Japanese Red Cross disaster-relief fund 20 percent of the proceeds from Sunday’s Oasis Beach Club season opener. The noon-6 p.m. “Sizzlin’ Sundaze” party will feature badminton and paddleball setups, beach hammocks, $8 cocktails and beers and the club’s menu of burgers, hot dogs, sushi and salads. There’s no cover charge, but parking is $11; 305-913-8358.
- An upscale Mexican restaurant from Coyo Taco chef in Miami Beach
- These gourmet doughnuts are coming to Westchester
- No more standing outside: Salty Donut opens permanently Saturday
- There's art inside and outside of this Wywnood Brewing beer bottle
- Art Basel Eats: From Pop-ups to New Openings
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- How a historic pump house became a luxe new restaurant near Morningside
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers