Eat to aid Japan at Chef Allen’s, Mandarin Oriental
An international culinary effort to raise money for Japanese disaster relief chaired by South Florida’s own Allen Susser holds its second event Tuesday at his Chef Allen’s, 19088 NE 29th Ave., Aventura.
Tickets, which include sake and wine donated by Southern Wine and Spirits, are $150; 305-935-2900, www.chefshelpjapan.com.
Meanwhile, The Mandarin Oriental, 500 Brickell Key Dr., Miami, plans to give the Japanese Red Cross disaster-relief fund 20 percent of the proceeds from Sunday’s Oasis Beach Club season opener. The noon-6 p.m. “Sizzlin’ Sundaze” party will feature badminton and paddleball setups, beach hammocks, $8 cocktails and beers and the club’s menu of burgers, hot dogs, sushi and salads. There’s no cover charge, but parking is $11; 305-913-8358.
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Spanish team goes for high-end Mediterranean food at Klima in Miami Beach
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Cay Café’s changing menu presents a stylish lunch option at DCOTA
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- Visa-O1 tosses extraordinary pizzas in South Beach
- New Spanish restaurant Piripi to open March 30 in Coral Gables
- Taste of Tennis to pair pro players and Miami chefs
- Bombay Darbar moving to bigger space in Coconut Grove