Eat to aid Japan at Chef Allen’s, Mandarin Oriental
An international culinary effort to raise money for Japanese disaster relief chaired by South Florida’s own Allen Susser holds its second event Tuesday at his Chef Allen’s, 19088 NE 29th Ave., Aventura.
Tickets, which include sake and wine donated by Southern Wine and Spirits, are $150; 305-935-2900, www.chefshelpjapan.com.
Meanwhile, The Mandarin Oriental, 500 Brickell Key Dr., Miami, plans to give the Japanese Red Cross disaster-relief fund 20 percent of the proceeds from Sunday’s Oasis Beach Club season opener. The noon-6 p.m. “Sizzlin’ Sundaze” party will feature badminton and paddleball setups, beach hammocks, $8 cocktails and beers and the club’s menu of burgers, hot dogs, sushi and salads. There’s no cover charge, but parking is $11; 305-913-8358.
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Cuba's oldest beer reborn in Miami
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- First Look: Downtown gets a dose of Caribbean flavors at Zest
- Make this cocktail: Sushi Garage's Lychee Mule
- Midtown Oyster Bar brings more than oysters
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants
- Best places to celebrate American Craft Beer Week in Miami
- Miami's Best Breweries and Beer Bars
- 5 New Restaurants that Opened in Miami in 2016 where You Must Dine