Earth Day eats at Piola, Area 31
4/13/2011Piola, a health-oriented Italian chain with locations at 1250 S. Miami Ave., 1625 Alton Rd., and 1703 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd., will celebrate Earth Day Tuesday through April 23 with a menu showcasing produce from the Roots in the City’s community garden, with 10 percent of proceeds benefiting the Overtown nonprofit. Everyone who eats at a South Florida Piola during the five-day celebration will receive a bag of seeds with planting instructions; www.piola.it. Area 31 at the Epic Hotel, 270 Biscayne Blvd. Way, features a five-course, organic Earth Day dinner menu Monday through April 22 by executive chef E. Michael Reidt for $55, with wine pairings available for an additional $35; 305-424-5234, www.area31restaurant.com.
- The List: Corsair's Scott Conant
- Jean-Georges turns to Latino cooking at new Matador Room in Miami Beach
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- Hoffman's Chocolates engineers sweet treats for the holidays
- Chef changes at Verde, Steak 954, Makoto
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- Michelle Bernstein's Seagrape serves upscale elegance in new Thompson Hotel
- Miami restaurant review: Is Iron Chef Morimoto up to the South Beach challenge?
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina