Dwyane Wade the TV star
Dwyane Wade was chattier than usual Thursday on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, even on topics that are normally off limits. The Miami Heat star, dressed in a dapper black suit, was asked about his significant other, Gabrielle Union, and instead of demurring as he usually does, Wade admitted that being a celebrity couple is “very hard” and that the two did indeed “take a step back” during the NBA finals. But “at the end of the day, we came back together.” The couple attended teammate LeBron James’ wedding last weekend, Wade recounted, and said it was a “beautiful, beautiful” ceremony, but that all the guests felt out of touch without their cellphones, which were prohibited for privacy reasons. Wade also discussed some of the things he did over the summer — spending some time in Turks and Caicos with his two sons. Something we didn’t know about the big guy: Absolutely hates the ocean. “I’m not a water guy,” he confessed. So what was the reason for coming on the late night show? To promote a few things going on — Wade’s new sock line with Stance, coming out Nov. 1. He showed off a striped pair to fellow guest Tim Allen, who grabbed a pack for himself. Wade also wants the public to come on out Thursday to support him at his second annual fashion fundraiser, A Night on the RunWade, benefiting his Wade’s World Foundation at the Moore Building and in conjunction with Neiman Marcus. For tickets: runwade.org Oh and Wade’s not done with TV, not by a long shot. According to The Hollywood Reporter, he’s doing a cameo on Disney Channel’s Austin & Ally airing early next year. The show is set in Miami Beach.
On Our Radar
- Delray Beach rapper J Rand keeping it real in South Florida
- Pitbull isn't just Mr. 305, he's Mr. Florida
- Gabrielle Anwar set to marry this weekend
- William Levy celebrates 35th birthday in Miami
- LeBron James sells his Miami mansion
- World Cup champ Kelley O'Hara at the W
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino