Dwyane Wade hosting fashion fundraiser, A Night on the RunWade
A stylish affair
He's back. Miami HEAT NBA Champion Dwyane Wade will host a fashion fundraiser, A Night on the RunWade for his Wade’s World Foundation in Miami on Sept. 26 (6:30pm-10:30pm The Moore Building, Design District 191 NE 40th Street, Miami).
Wade will host a cocktail reception, live entertainment, silent and live auctions, and a fashion show presented by Hublot featuring looks from Neiman Marcus; emcees are fashion correspondent Jill Martin and news anchor Louis Aguirre.
“Fashion and having style are very important to me, along with giving back to my community. I look forward to seeing new designs on the runway, and am proud to be able to continue this event returning for its second year,” said Wade. Wade’s World Foundation has also teamed up with Miami International University of Art & Design to create a contest where three finalists will be chosen to feature some of their designs in the fashion show. This contest gives students the opportunity to live their dream by having their own designs highlighted by the basketball giant alongside designers from Neiman Marcus.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'