Dwyane Wade hosting fashion fundraiser, A Night on the RunWade
A stylish affair
He's back. Miami HEAT NBA Champion Dwyane Wade will host a fashion fundraiser, A Night on the RunWade for his Wade’s World Foundation in Miami on Sept. 26 (6:30pm-10:30pm The Moore Building, Design District 191 NE 40th Street, Miami).
Wade will host a cocktail reception, live entertainment, silent and live auctions, and a fashion show presented by Hublot featuring looks from Neiman Marcus; emcees are fashion correspondent Jill Martin and news anchor Louis Aguirre.
“Fashion and having style are very important to me, along with giving back to my community. I look forward to seeing new designs on the runway, and am proud to be able to continue this event returning for its second year,” said Wade. Wade’s World Foundation has also teamed up with Miami International University of Art & Design to create a contest where three finalists will be chosen to feature some of their designs in the fashion show. This contest gives students the opportunity to live their dream by having their own designs highlighted by the basketball giant alongside designers from Neiman Marcus.
On Our Radar
- Mario Chalmers: It's going to be an exciting Miami Heat season
- Spied around Miami: ARod, Katy Perry's ex, Shaq
- Million Dollar Listing Miami in trouble?
- Dwayne "The Rock Johnson filming football show in Miami
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Mangianello continue romance-fest in Miami
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules