Dwyane Wade dealing with divorce battle
Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade is expected in a Chicago courtroom Monday for the start of a trial expected to determine how much he’ll have to pay his ex-wife for their divorce. Wade, 31, who just won his third NBA title with the Heat, has been officially divorced from high-school sweetheart Siohvaughn Funches, the mother of his two boys, for a year. But a judge who pronounced them split postponed the haggling over marital distribution as Funches got $35,000 a month as part of a temporary deal. The trial to hammer out a permanent deal is expected to last for an entire month. “It’s unusually long, but it’s very complicated,” said Lisa Macci, Funches’ Boca Raton attorney. One of the last witnesses deposed was team president Pat Riley, who sat down with Wade’s and Funches’ legal teams in Coral Gables June 25. Riley’s deposition became controversial because during the Heat’s championship run, team representatives were accused of trying to make it harder for Funches’ process servers to subpoena Riley. “Coach Riley was very cordial to everyone,” Macci said. “He was very professional and wasn’t evasive, which is a refreshing change in this case.”
On Our Radar
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'