DWNTWN Concert Series
Free concert at Bayfront Park on Friday features Kaki King and MillionYoung.
The DWNTWN Miami Concert Series is back for another installment of free musical performances.
This month’s concert will feature Kaki King and MillionYoung on Friday, Nov. 11 at 6 p.m. in Bayfront Park.
Kaki King is known for her percussive and jazz-tinged melodies and acoustic sound. In 2006, she made Rolling Stones’ list of “The New Guitar Gods.” Since then, she has released five albums and collaborated in making the soundtracks for films like Into the Wild, for which she received a Best Original Score Golden Globe nomination.
MillionYoung is an indie/electronica musical act from Florida.
The first bands to hit the stage in October were indie-rock band Surfer Blood, Spam Allstars' funky Latin fusion and the reggae group Ketchy Shuby.
The concerts run every second Friday of the month from October through April (except March).
The Miami Downtown Development Authority is charged with putting together the monthly events. The Miami DDA is an independent public agency of the City of Miami funded by property tax money coming from residents and businesses within its district boundaries. The organization is charged with improving the economy of downtown through different events and capital improvement projects.
Last year’s series included Miami singer/producer Kevin Rudolf and the South Florida Jazz Orchestra on its playlist.
Music in Miami
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Jazz legends to light up New World Center
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami
- Fleetwood Mac’s reunion with Christine McVie akin to ‘performance art,’ band’s founder says
- Phil Collins unable to sing Saturday night at his foundation’s gala on Miami Beach
- The Hot Sardines bring infectious jazz sound to South Miami on Saturday
- Phillip Phillips brings raspy rock to Seminole Hard Rock on Saturday
- Review: Pitbull, Enrique Igelsias celebrate Miami at sold out concert
- American Authors bring alt-rock sound to Revolution
- French chanteuse SoKo opens for Foster the People at the Fillmore Miami Beach