DWNTWN Concert Series
Free concert at Bayfront Park on Friday features Kaki King and MillionYoung.
The DWNTWN Miami Concert Series is back for another installment of free musical performances.
This month’s concert will feature Kaki King and MillionYoung on Friday, Nov. 11 at 6 p.m. in Bayfront Park.
Kaki King is known for her percussive and jazz-tinged melodies and acoustic sound. In 2006, she made Rolling Stones’ list of “The New Guitar Gods.” Since then, she has released five albums and collaborated in making the soundtracks for films like Into the Wild, for which she received a Best Original Score Golden Globe nomination.
MillionYoung is an indie/electronica musical act from Florida.
The first bands to hit the stage in October were indie-rock band Surfer Blood, Spam Allstars' funky Latin fusion and the reggae group Ketchy Shuby.
The concerts run every second Friday of the month from October through April (except March).
The Miami Downtown Development Authority is charged with putting together the monthly events. The Miami DDA is an independent public agency of the City of Miami funded by property tax money coming from residents and businesses within its district boundaries. The organization is charged with improving the economy of downtown through different events and capital improvement projects.
Last year’s series included Miami singer/producer Kevin Rudolf and the South Florida Jazz Orchestra on its playlist.
Music in Miami
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis play Fillmore Miami Beach on Jan. 19
- Nick Jonas heads to Miami to perform sexy R&B hits
- Lazy Sunday takes on a new meaning with Fool's Gold Day Off music event
- Dweezil Zappa honors his father's legacy in South Florida concert
- Rick Springfield brings tour to South Florida
- Amtrac Takes Over Basement This Friday, August 28
- The Mowgli’s play two free pop-up sets on Miami Beach on Monday
- Life In Color Early Bird Tickets Are Now On Sale
- Concert Review: Ariana Grande's tour stops in South Florida for an energetic homecoming
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture Kicks Off Independence Day Weekend with Nora En Pure