DWNTWN Concert Series
Free concert at Bayfront Park on Friday features Kaki King and MillionYoung.
The DWNTWN Miami Concert Series is back for another installment of free musical performances.
This month’s concert will feature Kaki King and MillionYoung on Friday, Nov. 11 at 6 p.m. in Bayfront Park.
Kaki King is known for her percussive and jazz-tinged melodies and acoustic sound. In 2006, she made Rolling Stones’ list of “The New Guitar Gods.” Since then, she has released five albums and collaborated in making the soundtracks for films like Into the Wild, for which she received a Best Original Score Golden Globe nomination.
MillionYoung is an indie/electronica musical act from Florida.
The first bands to hit the stage in October were indie-rock band Surfer Blood, Spam Allstars' funky Latin fusion and the reggae group Ketchy Shuby.
The concerts run every second Friday of the month from October through April (except March).
The Miami Downtown Development Authority is charged with putting together the monthly events. The Miami DDA is an independent public agency of the City of Miami funded by property tax money coming from residents and businesses within its district boundaries. The organization is charged with improving the economy of downtown through different events and capital improvement projects.
Last year’s series included Miami singer/producer Kevin Rudolf and the South Florida Jazz Orchestra on its playlist.
Music in Miami
- Miami Soul weekend guide: DanceAfrica Miami Reception, Juneteenth Miami Music Festival, Colors of the Caribbean
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- Joe Jonas talks DNCE, growing up Disney and his favorite place to party in Miami
- Review: Beyoncé slays on Formation tour’s opening night in Miami
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena
- Tortuga Music Festival announces lineup, ticket sales
- A 7-year-old reviews Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River Tour’ concert
- Concert Review: Bruce Springsteen captivates with a performance that displays a depth of emotions