Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson OK after emergency surgery
No pain, no gain is right!
Dwayne Johnson's rep tells E! News that the University of Miami football star turned Hollywood action hero , 40, underwent an emergency hernia operation but it's OK, he's fine.
"Surgery a success! Dr repaired 3 hernial tears (fun pain). Superman is on the mend," Johnson tweeted Tuesday.
The Rock could not attend the Monday night Los Angeles premiere of his latest film, crime comedy Pain & Gain, filmed in South Florida. Director Michael Bay did the rounds on his behalf.
"Dwayne's hurt tonight," Bay told E! on the red carpet. "He was pushing it too hard. [He] needs to grow up and stop wrestling 300-pound men."
Yup, Johnson's problems began during his heated match with John Cena at Wrestlemania 29 April 7, according to WWE.com. Yup, he lost.
A day before the procedure, the pro wrestler/movie star Tweeted the message: "Saw my Dr who had to push my intestines back thru the tear in my abdomen. Kinda romantic. Surgery is next week. #BringItOn."
Ouch. P&G opens Friday.
On Our Radar
- A look at Pitbull's style evolution
- The 5 most affordable ways to get around South Beach
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud