Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson OK after emergency surgery
No pain, no gain is right!
Dwayne Johnson's rep tells E! News that the University of Miami football star turned Hollywood action hero , 40, underwent an emergency hernia operation but it's OK, he's fine.
"Surgery a success! Dr repaired 3 hernial tears (fun pain). Superman is on the mend," Johnson tweeted Tuesday.
The Rock could not attend the Monday night Los Angeles premiere of his latest film, crime comedy Pain & Gain, filmed in South Florida. Director Michael Bay did the rounds on his behalf.
"Dwayne's hurt tonight," Bay told E! on the red carpet. "He was pushing it too hard. [He] needs to grow up and stop wrestling 300-pound men."
Yup, Johnson's problems began during his heated match with John Cena at Wrestlemania 29 April 7, according to WWE.com. Yup, he lost.
A day before the procedure, the pro wrestler/movie star Tweeted the message: "Saw my Dr who had to push my intestines back thru the tear in my abdomen. Kinda romantic. Surgery is next week. #BringItOn."
Ouch. P&G opens Friday.
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika