Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson OK after emergency surgery
No pain, no gain is right!
Dwayne Johnson's rep tells E! News that the University of Miami football star turned Hollywood action hero , 40, underwent an emergency hernia operation but it's OK, he's fine.
"Surgery a success! Dr repaired 3 hernial tears (fun pain). Superman is on the mend," Johnson tweeted Tuesday.
The Rock could not attend the Monday night Los Angeles premiere of his latest film, crime comedy Pain & Gain, filmed in South Florida. Director Michael Bay did the rounds on his behalf.
"Dwayne's hurt tonight," Bay told E! on the red carpet. "He was pushing it too hard. [He] needs to grow up and stop wrestling 300-pound men."
Yup, Johnson's problems began during his heated match with John Cena at Wrestlemania 29 April 7, according to WWE.com. Yup, he lost.
A day before the procedure, the pro wrestler/movie star Tweeted the message: "Saw my Dr who had to push my intestines back thru the tear in my abdomen. Kinda romantic. Surgery is next week. #BringItOn."
Ouch. P&G opens Friday.
On Our Radar
- Ian Somerhalder supports fiancee at event
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit