Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson OK after emergency surgery
No pain, no gain is right!
Dwayne Johnson's rep tells E! News that the University of Miami football star turned Hollywood action hero , 40, underwent an emergency hernia operation but it's OK, he's fine.
"Surgery a success! Dr repaired 3 hernial tears (fun pain). Superman is on the mend," Johnson tweeted Tuesday.
The Rock could not attend the Monday night Los Angeles premiere of his latest film, crime comedy Pain & Gain, filmed in South Florida. Director Michael Bay did the rounds on his behalf.
"Dwayne's hurt tonight," Bay told E! on the red carpet. "He was pushing it too hard. [He] needs to grow up and stop wrestling 300-pound men."
Yup, Johnson's problems began during his heated match with John Cena at Wrestlemania 29 April 7, according to WWE.com. Yup, he lost.
A day before the procedure, the pro wrestler/movie star Tweeted the message: "Saw my Dr who had to push my intestines back thru the tear in my abdomen. Kinda romantic. Surgery is next week. #BringItOn."
Ouch. P&G opens Friday.
On Our Radar
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy
- Jersey Belle star Jaime Sullivan in Miami
- Shireen Sandoval named 'Deco Drive' cohost