Drive In Movies debut in Wynwood
Austin-based Blue Starlite Mini-Urban Drive In Theater launches preview week before official opening in October
For those who still aren't convinced that Wynwood is Miami's hippest 'hood, consider the grand opening of even hipper Austin-based drive-in theater Blue Starlite Mini-Urban Drive In, which is previewing its cinematic coolness starting on Wednesday, Sept. 18.
This new Miami location next to O Cinema, 90 NW 29th St., accommodates up to 20 cars per show and 10 reserved tables with seating areas. Both come with window speakers. Prices vary per spot, but there are reserved ticket packages from $25 to $60. Gas not included. Concession snacks are also available for purchase.
While the grand opening isn't officially until Wednesday, Oct. 9, pre-screenings start at 8:30 p.m. Sept. 18 with 'Pretty in Pink'; 8:30 p.m. Sept. 19 with 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' and 'The Wild Life'; 8:30 p.m. Sept. 20 with 'The Princess Bride' and 8:30 p.m. Sept. 21 with 'Grease'. The grand opening flick is 'Moon over Miami'. Go figure!
For more info visit their website by clicking here.
Grand Opening Schedule
- Oct. 9, 8 pm, 'Moon Over Miami'
- Oct. 10, 8 pm 'American Graffiti'
- Oct. 11, 7:45 pm, 'Back to the Future'
- Oct. 12, 7:45 pm, 'The Goonies'
- Oct. 17, 7:45 pm, 'The Birds'
See and Do
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Parachutes & Doktor Kaboom: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 27 - May 3
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 24-26
- ‘MythBusters’ duo gets Miami audience involved in science hijinks
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami
- Anderson Cooper comes to Miami for an intimate conversation