Drive In Movies debut in Wynwood
Austin-based Blue Starlite Mini-Urban Drive In Theater launches preview week before official opening in October
For those who still aren't convinced that Wynwood is Miami's hippest 'hood, consider the grand opening of even hipper Austin-based drive-in theater Blue Starlite Mini-Urban Drive In, which is previewing its cinematic coolness starting on Wednesday, Sept. 18.
This new Miami location next to O Cinema, 90 NW 29th St., accommodates up to 20 cars per show and 10 reserved tables with seating areas. Both come with window speakers. Prices vary per spot, but there are reserved ticket packages from $25 to $60. Gas not included. Concession snacks are also available for purchase.
While the grand opening isn't officially until Wednesday, Oct. 9, pre-screenings start at 8:30 p.m. Sept. 18 with 'Pretty in Pink'; 8:30 p.m. Sept. 19 with 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' and 'The Wild Life'; 8:30 p.m. Sept. 20 with 'The Princess Bride' and 8:30 p.m. Sept. 21 with 'Grease'. The grand opening flick is 'Moon over Miami'. Go figure!
For more info visit their website by clicking here.
Grand Opening Schedule
- Oct. 9, 8 pm, 'Moon Over Miami'
- Oct. 10, 8 pm 'American Graffiti'
- Oct. 11, 7:45 pm, 'Back to the Future'
- Oct. 12, 7:45 pm, 'The Goonies'
- Oct. 17, 7:45 pm, 'The Birds'
See and Do
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami
- Whoopi Goldberg heads to the Arsht Center for a night of laughs