Drive In Movies debut in Wynwood
Austin-based Blue Starlite Mini-Urban Drive In Theater launches preview week before official opening in October
For those who still aren't convinced that Wynwood is Miami's hippest 'hood, consider the grand opening of even hipper Austin-based drive-in theater Blue Starlite Mini-Urban Drive In, which is previewing its cinematic coolness starting on Wednesday, Sept. 18.
This new Miami location next to O Cinema, 90 NW 29th St., accommodates up to 20 cars per show and 10 reserved tables with seating areas. Both come with window speakers. Prices vary per spot, but there are reserved ticket packages from $25 to $60. Gas not included. Concession snacks are also available for purchase.
While the grand opening isn't officially until Wednesday, Oct. 9, pre-screenings start at 8:30 p.m. Sept. 18 with 'Pretty in Pink'; 8:30 p.m. Sept. 19 with 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' and 'The Wild Life'; 8:30 p.m. Sept. 20 with 'The Princess Bride' and 8:30 p.m. Sept. 21 with 'Grease'. The grand opening flick is 'Moon over Miami'. Go figure!
For more info visit their website by clicking here.
Grand Opening Schedule
- Oct. 9, 8 pm, 'Moon Over Miami'
- Oct. 10, 8 pm 'American Graffiti'
- Oct. 11, 7:45 pm, 'Back to the Future'
- Oct. 12, 7:45 pm, 'The Goonies'
- Oct. 17, 7:45 pm, 'The Birds'
See and Do
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- S'mores, the Hunger Games & Annie: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 11-17