Drive In Movies debut in Wynwood
Austin-based Blue Starlite Mini-Urban Drive In Theater launches preview week before official opening in October
For those who still aren't convinced that Wynwood is Miami's hippest 'hood, consider the grand opening of even hipper Austin-based drive-in theater Blue Starlite Mini-Urban Drive In, which is previewing its cinematic coolness starting on Wednesday, Sept. 18.
This new Miami location next to O Cinema, 90 NW 29th St., accommodates up to 20 cars per show and 10 reserved tables with seating areas. Both come with window speakers. Prices vary per spot, but there are reserved ticket packages from $25 to $60. Gas not included. Concession snacks are also available for purchase.
While the grand opening isn't officially until Wednesday, Oct. 9, pre-screenings start at 8:30 p.m. Sept. 18 with 'Pretty in Pink'; 8:30 p.m. Sept. 19 with 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' and 'The Wild Life'; 8:30 p.m. Sept. 20 with 'The Princess Bride' and 8:30 p.m. Sept. 21 with 'Grease'. The grand opening flick is 'Moon over Miami'. Go figure!
For more info visit their website by clicking here.
Grand Opening Schedule
- Oct. 9, 8 pm, 'Moon Over Miami'
- Oct. 10, 8 pm 'American Graffiti'
- Oct. 11, 7:45 pm, 'Back to the Future'
- Oct. 12, 7:45 pm, 'The Goonies'
- Oct. 17, 7:45 pm, 'The Birds'
See and Do
- 5 reasons why mango season is the best time to be in Miami
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- Friends of The Underline hosts #PokemonGoUnderline social media contest
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016