Drive In Movies debut in Wynwood
Austin-based Blue Starlite Mini-Urban Drive In Theater launches preview week before official opening in October
For those who still aren't convinced that Wynwood is Miami's hippest 'hood, consider the grand opening of even hipper Austin-based drive-in theater Blue Starlite Mini-Urban Drive In, which is previewing its cinematic coolness starting on Wednesday, Sept. 18.
This new Miami location next to O Cinema, 90 NW 29th St., accommodates up to 20 cars per show and 10 reserved tables with seating areas. Both come with window speakers. Prices vary per spot, but there are reserved ticket packages from $25 to $60. Gas not included. Concession snacks are also available for purchase.
While the grand opening isn't officially until Wednesday, Oct. 9, pre-screenings start at 8:30 p.m. Sept. 18 with 'Pretty in Pink'; 8:30 p.m. Sept. 19 with 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' and 'The Wild Life'; 8:30 p.m. Sept. 20 with 'The Princess Bride' and 8:30 p.m. Sept. 21 with 'Grease'. The grand opening flick is 'Moon over Miami'. Go figure!
For more info visit their website by clicking here.
Grand Opening Schedule
- Oct. 9, 8 pm, 'Moon Over Miami'
- Oct. 10, 8 pm 'American Graffiti'
- Oct. 11, 7:45 pm, 'Back to the Future'
- Oct. 12, 7:45 pm, 'The Goonies'
- Oct. 17, 7:45 pm, 'The Birds'
See and Do
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so
- Are these places haunted? October is a great month to explore Miami's ghost stories
- Where to go bowling in Miami
- The Underline is popping up for a day on Saturday
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 14-16