Drink up: summer wine specials
Don't let the economic slowdown spoil your oenophile fantasies. Plenty of South Florida restaurants are offering pino for po folk.
By Sara Liss
Don't let the economic slowdown spoil your oenophile fantasies. Plenty of South Florida restaurants are offering tasting events and attractively priced wine pairings for dinner.
The regal Restaurant at the Setai is offering a $25 wine pairing to match the eclectic Asian dishes on their three-course Miami Spice menu. Selections include quaffs from small vineyards from the Setai's extensive wine cellar, such as the crisp, white Pierre Morey Bourgogne Aligote and a Nero d'Avola, a fruity red from the Mirabile winery in Sicily.
Join Coconut Grove after-office tipplers at Thirsty Thursdays at Jaguar Ceviche Spoon Bar & Latam Grill. Every Thursday from 7-9 p.m. and for $16, wine connoisseur Barry Alberts will be pouring three whites and reds and pairing them with fresh ceviche and chicken and steak skewers at this sexy Latin lounge.
The Mandarin Oriental's swanky Azul restaurant offers bottomless pours of selected wines for a reasonable $20 on Wine Fridays, noon-3 p.m. The wines rotate each week, but rest assured sommelier Cynthia Betancourt will be choosing high-quality sips like a Stubbs Chardonnay or a Selby Pinot Noir.
Coral Gables power player hub Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar recently introduced Discovery Flights as part of their ambitious wine program. The festive wine "trees" come with three pours (about 2 ounces) of any of the 100 wines featured on the restaurant's epic wine-by-the-glass list. While the price varies according the wines chosen, it's a good opportunity to enjoy that pricey Chateau Montelena cabernet without ponying up for the bottle.
Wanna share your own great wine deals? Leave a review!
- The hottest Thai food in Miami is on Calle Ocho
- Miami restaurant review: Chef Michael Pirolo speaks a new language at Bazi
- Doubling down: Chefs Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth to open second Miami Beach restaurant
- The Cypress Room in Miami is now Cypress Tavern: See the differences
- Vegan cuisine is in Full Bloom in Miami Beach
- The List: 10 best Miami restaurants with Sugar Factory's chef
- Miami restaurant review: Marion's French glow shines on Brickell
- Miami food events: Pubbelly gets fishy, Vagabond chef Alex Chang cooks at Fooq's
- 9 new Asian restaurants in Miami and Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage