Drexel Irish Pub
An Irish bar, complete with men in kilts, finds its place off Espanola Way on South Beach.
Men in kilts, walking stilts and sexy Barcardi models helped kick off the soft opening of Drexel Irish Pub, located next to Espanola Way in South Beach.
There are plenty of Irish bars on the beach, but this establishment promises to set itself apart from the rest.
For starters, the menu, which boosts traditional Irish fare, includes some yummy selections like fish and chips ($13.99), Celtic potato chips ($6.99) and Sheppard’s Pie ($14.99). We recommend the Danny Boy’s Wings ($7.99) and beef sliders ($6.99).
For dessert, order McKrispy’s bread pudding ($5.99). It’s made with Krispy Kreme doughnuts, which makes the pudding extra sweet.
If you’re not into stuffing your face, most of the menu selections are available in half-portions.
On tap you’ll find your typical Irish beers and lagers like Guinness, Murphy’s Irish Red and Harp. There’s also Blue Moon, Stella Artois and New Castle. A pint will set you back $6.25, but if you visit the pub during happy hour (5 to 8 p.m. daily) its 2 for 1.
Drexel Irish Pub is owned by V & E Restaurant Group - the brains behind Segafredos in Brickell, Bal Harbour and Miami Beach. The group also operates Spazio Nero and South Beach restaurants Oh! Mexico, and Cafe Nuvó.
V&E’s co-owner, Alejandro Ferllen, says he hopes the bar will become a favorite among locals.
“We’re located in the little village of Espanola Way, away from the noise and traffic on Washington and Collins. It’s more intimate and private so people can relax and take it easy.’’
Since the pub is next door to Segafredo Espanola Way, it’s easy to order a shot of espresso if you’ve had too much to drink and you feel a headache coming on.
Ferllen said they have plenty planned in the coming weeks including live performances by cover bands and poker-themed nights.
What we dig: The staff wears kilts (that includes men, too.) which is a unique addition to Espanola Way. Also, the pub has five plasma TVs (to watch your favorite game) and there’s plenty of outdoor seating and fans that will cool you off this summer.
Drexel Irish Pub
1417 Drexel Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Hours: 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. daily.
- 5 things we love about Rec Room
- Bond Lounge brings a new experience to South Beach
- Dance music legend Tiesto takes over Story
- Icon Miami will aim to establish new standards in Miami's nightlife
- Win a bottle of champagne at Blume Nightclub's Grand Opening party Saturday
- Miami nightlife impresario Chris Paciello to open Rockwell nightclub in Miami Beach
- New theater-style venue El Tucán will channel the glitz of mid-century Cuba in Brickell
- Mansion nightclub closing its doors; re-opening as Icon
- New Nightclub Blume to Open in Brickell October 2015
- Space Enlists Erick Morillo to Help Celebrate 15 Years of Parties