Dr. Hevia Skincare
Miami-based cosmetic dermatologist Oscar Hevia taps into a South Florida staple for his skincare line.
Dr. Oscar Hevia
550 Biltmore Way, Suite 870, Coral Gables
When Miami-based cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Oscar Hevia set out to create his new signature skin care line, he went looking for the next big thing and found it in red mangrove extract. “It’s got more anti-oxidants than vitamin C and is also an anti-inflammatory, which soothes the skin,” explains Hevia, who built a large practice injecting alongside Botox-king Dr. Brandt before striking out on his own in 2009.
For his new line, Hevia Skin Science, Dr. Hevia used local and ecologically grown red mangrove seedlings for his extract, which is most potent in The Specialist Potent Repair Serum, which costs a pretty penny at $275, but it packs a punch leaving a smoother, more even complexion. Less pricey, but equally effective creams include the Day & Night Eye Cream with soy and rice bran peptides to fight under-eye circles and super-effective hyaluronic acid for $110 and the Renewing Hand & Body Cream for $79. After all, the hands need a little love and cosmeceuticals too. The entire line is available exclusively at his Coral Gables office and heviaskinscience.com.
- Peep the Lilly Pultizer Jeep!
- New Store Openings at Aventura Mall
- Love is in the HAIR at Blo Midtown
- New Outlet Locations Coming Soon to Sawgrass Mills
- Blush Boutique Blowout Sale
- Eberjey Sample Sale!
- Art Basel Shopping & Fashion Events Guide
- Hola, Webster Cabana at St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
- U.S. Polo Assn. Pop-Up Event at University of Miami
- Black Friday and Holiday Season Mall Hours