Miami DJs unite for a Sunday party series at Will Call debuting on the anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death
DJ Heron and Scratch DJ Academy launch event series, 'Selectah Sundays,' with a party for Biggie Smalls
Will Call Miami, 700 NE 2nd Ave., Miami; willcallmiami.com.
Weekly series, 'Selectah Sundays,' starts Sunday, March 9 at 10 p.m.
More than a dozen local DJs in collaboration with Scratch DJ Academy debut a new weekly party series dubbed "Selectah Sundays" at Will Call Miami on the anniversary of The Notorious B.I.G.'s death.
The launch of the series, on Sunday, March 9, will commemorate 17 years since the iconic rapper was killed during a feud between rival gangs in 1997 with a special video set by VJ Tom Laroc. To pay respect to Biggie and DJ Heron's hometown, Will Call will serve Brooklyn Lager and Jameson for $10 throughout the night.
Every Sunday at 10 p.m., DJs including DJ Heron, DJ LS One, DJ Kumi, DJ Klassik, DJ Self Born, DJ Exes, DJ Immortal, DJ A-Train, and others will rotate slots each week.
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Sept. 26 - 29
- Skrillex brings his Fall Tour to Mansion this Friday
- Go Drink This: The J-Bird Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Sneaker Pimps rejoice at Grand Central with Cam'ron and HaVen South Beach hosts Bar Wars
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 19 - 21
- Go Drink This: Grand Dad's Breakfast
- Velvet Underground: Slap & Tickle pops up underground at FDR and Ball & Chain throws first La Pachanga party
- Railroad Blues boasts weekend lineup of local musicians
- Club Rio offers DJs, bottle service with gaming
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 12 - 14