Dolce, modern Italian from Scarpetta & American Cut group, opening January at Gale South Beach
LDV Hospitality partners include Scott Conant, Marc Forgione, Alain Allegretti & modern-day Regine, Amy Sacco
Before you cue the Godfather theme and start wailing about how many Italian restaurants there are around here, consider the fact that Dolce, opening January in the Gale South Beach, is not just another Italian resto, but, say its spin doctors "equal parts chic dining destination and neighborhood haunt." Also take into consideration the vita behind the Dolce: LDV Hospitality, responsible for, among other places, American Cut, Azure, Scarpetta and Veritas. Nightlifers will particularly appreciate the fact that LDV is also a force behind NYC nightlife doyenne Amy Sacco's No. 8 and will be operating the Gale's Regent Cocktail Club. But about the food.
Chef Paolo Dorigato, former executive chef of Azure in Atlantic City, will oversee the culinary operations, drawing from the influences of his hometown of Trento, Italy with techniques he's learned from chefs he's worked with most recently such as Alain Allegretti.
The still under development menu will include, among other things: burrata served with Boston lettuce, cherry tomatoes, crispy shallots and apple wood bacon; grilled octopus with chickpeas and farro, served with a ginger pistachio vinaigrette; shortrib cannelloni with porcini cream; pappardelle with duck ragu, baby spinach and pumplin ravioli with smoked ricotta; plus, pizzas, pastas and big entrees.
See for yourself when Dolce opens with a limited preview menu available during Art Basel from December 3-9.
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space