Dolce, modern Italian from Scarpetta & American Cut group, opening January at Gale South Beach
LDV Hospitality partners include Scott Conant, Marc Forgione, Alain Allegretti & modern-day Regine, Amy Sacco
Before you cue the Godfather theme and start wailing about how many Italian restaurants there are around here, consider the fact that Dolce, opening January in the Gale South Beach, is not just another Italian resto, but, say its spin doctors "equal parts chic dining destination and neighborhood haunt." Also take into consideration the vita behind the Dolce: LDV Hospitality, responsible for, among other places, American Cut, Azure, Scarpetta and Veritas. Nightlifers will particularly appreciate the fact that LDV is also a force behind NYC nightlife doyenne Amy Sacco's No. 8 and will be operating the Gale's Regent Cocktail Club. But about the food.
Chef Paolo Dorigato, former executive chef of Azure in Atlantic City, will oversee the culinary operations, drawing from the influences of his hometown of Trento, Italy with techniques he's learned from chefs he's worked with most recently such as Alain Allegretti.
The still under development menu will include, among other things: burrata served with Boston lettuce, cherry tomatoes, crispy shallots and apple wood bacon; grilled octopus with chickpeas and farro, served with a ginger pistachio vinaigrette; shortrib cannelloni with porcini cream; pappardelle with duck ragu, baby spinach and pumplin ravioli with smoked ricotta; plus, pizzas, pastas and big entrees.
See for yourself when Dolce opens with a limited preview menu available during Art Basel from December 3-9.
1690 Collins Ave.
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami