Dolce, modern Italian from Scarpetta & American Cut group, opening January at Gale South Beach
LDV Hospitality partners include Scott Conant, Marc Forgione, Alain Allegretti & modern-day Regine, Amy Sacco
Before you cue the Godfather theme and start wailing about how many Italian restaurants there are around here, consider the fact that Dolce, opening January in the Gale South Beach, is not just another Italian resto, but, say its spin doctors "equal parts chic dining destination and neighborhood haunt." Also take into consideration the vita behind the Dolce: LDV Hospitality, responsible for, among other places, American Cut, Azure, Scarpetta and Veritas. Nightlifers will particularly appreciate the fact that LDV is also a force behind NYC nightlife doyenne Amy Sacco's No. 8 and will be operating the Gale's Regent Cocktail Club. But about the food.
Chef Paolo Dorigato, former executive chef of Azure in Atlantic City, will oversee the culinary operations, drawing from the influences of his hometown of Trento, Italy with techniques he's learned from chefs he's worked with most recently such as Alain Allegretti.
The still under development menu will include, among other things: burrata served with Boston lettuce, cherry tomatoes, crispy shallots and apple wood bacon; grilled octopus with chickpeas and farro, served with a ginger pistachio vinaigrette; shortrib cannelloni with porcini cream; pappardelle with duck ragu, baby spinach and pumplin ravioli with smoked ricotta; plus, pizzas, pastas and big entrees.
See for yourself when Dolce opens with a limited preview menu available during Art Basel from December 3-9.
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed