Do Hotel Spas Charge Too Much?
Is it possible for you and a loved one to enjoy a luxury spa package at a swank Miami hotel?
So, your budget is $400 (including gratuity, parking and tax). Can you and a loved one enjoy a luxury spa package at a swank Miami hotel? My girlfriend set this investigation in motion having asked me to recommend a hotel where she can enjoy a lush spa package with her mom. “I don’t want a $200 massage,” she said. “I want mom to enjoy at least three services.” It’s a tall order, but I’m up for the challenge. My first thought: The Biltmore. A couple years ago, friends purchased a spa package that included the Chardonnay scrub, and it was sublime. But it’s also $180. Went to W Fort Lauderdale and we checked out Bliss, and while looks can be deceiving, the muted-house music, jarringly bright, blue and white décor and ten-year- old, infomercial-sounding receptionist weren’t impressive. The Setai is doing a two-service spa package complete with Mediterranean lunch, so maybe, we’ll try that. Come on, Guys. Do you really think these 100-adjective, $250 facials are worth it? Or are those of us of the financially-impaired persuasion, hating?
- Hotel Week NYC offers rooms as low as $100 in January
- Aloft Hotels: Dadeland in, South Beach out and more on the horizon
- Take an exclusive tour through the design elements of the iconic Delano Hotel
- Weekend Getaway: Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel
- Dance your way onto Miami's skyline with InterContinental hotel
- Get away to the Caribbean for less with fall hotel deals
- Luxurious fall Caribbean hotel packages
- Top holiday hotel deals in Miami & across Florida
- Where to get $109 spa treatments through October
- 8 Best Miami Spice Hotel Restaurants