DJ Sasha gets drenched while launching new music service
Nokia has just launched a free music streaming service, called appropriately Nokia Music in the USA. It's a "mobile experience," that provides a way to discover and enjoy tunes. You'll get access to over 150 playlists spanning pretty much all genres, or create your own playlists.
To celebrate the launch of the service, Nokia Music enlisted legendary house music DJ and producer Sasha. The show was a VIP event Thursday night at the very cool SLS Hotel.
The early rumblings of Hurricane Sandy may have been passing through Miami that evening, but rapper Trina wasn’t about to let the storm keep her from partying with the international house music superstar at the Miami launch.
A spy told Scene in the Tropic's Lesley Abravanel: “Trina had to work hard to keep from getting drenched on her way to Hyde Beach at SLS, where Sasha performed, but managed to show up dry and looking beautiful to dance the night away.”
On Our Radar
- Chris Bosh launches neckwear collection
- Estelle paints the town red at Blue Martini
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht