DJ Irie Weekend 09
From golf to a star-studded pool party, one of Miami’s favorite charities returns this weekend.
By Mary Jo Almeida-Shore
DJ Irie, superstar DJ to the Miami Heat and actor Jamie Foxx and an all-around nice guy, will host his Fifth Annual Irie Weekend Celebrity Golf Tournament from Friday, June 26 to Sunday, June 28.
One of Miami’s favorite charitable events, Irie Weekend raises funds for Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Greater Miami.
The action-packed weekend begins Friday, June 26 with a kick-off party at Mansion nightclub, which features a live performance by Kevin Rudolf and sounds by, you guessed it, DJ Irie. Party starts at 11 p.m.
The fun continues Saturday, June 27 at noon for the main event, the charity golf tournament at the Miami Beach Golf Club where even non-golfers can partake in the festivities in either the Red Bull tent or at one of the sponsored tents that will be set up at each of the holes.
Irie Weekend ends with a splash on Sunday, June 28 at noon, with a celebrity pool party at the Shore Club with a performance by LMFAO.
Celebrities confirmed to be making an appearance at some or all of the weekend’s events include: Dywane Wade, Alonzo Mourning, Shaquille O'Neal, Jonathan Vilma, Kevin Rudolf, Joey Fatone, Chris Kirkpatrick, Akin Ayodele, Nate Jones, Kerry Rhodes, and Alfonso Ribeiro.
Felicia Quaning, Irie’s publicist, explained that Irie Weekend was scaled down significantly this year, due to the tough economic climate. Gone from the line-up of events are the Gala and awards ceremony. Regardless, 100 percent of the admission prices for all of the events will go directly towards Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Greater Miami.
Tickets: $20 each for the concert at Mansion and pool party at Shore Club. Golf for singles is $650 and $1,750 for a foursome that includes one of the above-named celebrities as the fourth golfer.
For more information visit www.irieweekend.com or call 305-986-2325.
- Halloween events for families, fitness freaks and just plain freaks
- Discover Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Little Haiti's galleries, shops and bars
- Miami.com Experiences invites you to a night of comedy with Venezuelan humorist Cayito Aponte
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23