Get ready for a diva-style showdown.
The Arsht Center hosts the first annual Diva Games, where some fabulous ladies will compete in three divalicious contests to see who is Miami's most accomplished diva. The Diva Games are being held in celebration of Women’s Heritage Month and three fabulous shows taking place at the Center in March: Catwalk Confidential (3/17), Three Generations of Divas (3/18), and Kathy Griffin (3/28).
What skills must a true diva possess, you ask? First comes the Fab Dash: A contest to see how can apply lipstick, hold a Cosmo and carry shopping bags at the same time.
Next, the Catwalk-Off. Channel Miss Jay and strut your stuff down the runway. The winner will be the lady with the fiercest walk and pose.
Finally, Style Wars. Show the world that you know how to look good no matter what you have to work with. Ladies will be given several items and have to accessorize a model.
Hosting the event will be Tiffany Fantasia “ the Hostess with the Mostest” at The Palace on Ocean Drive and Roxy, radio diva from WMIA 93.9FM. Judges include fashion photographer Codis Kirschner, Teddy Guntner of Atomic Style Agency/ Stash Rentals, Beverly Sage of Runways–The Talent Group and Robyn Peterson, star of Catwalk Confidential.
THE PRIZES: $500 worth of gift cards from Aventura Mall retailers, a photo shoot with fashion photographer Codis Kirschner, show tickets and more!
The Diva Games, Saturday, March 12, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. – After Party: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The Adrienne Arsht Center’s Thompson Plaza for the Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd. Miami. FREE!
The Diva Games
Saturday, March 12, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. – After Party: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The Adrienne Arsht Center’s Thompson Plaza for the Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd. Miami.
See and Do
- These are the free and cheap events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - Oct. 28-30
- Halloween events for families, fitness freaks and just plain freaks
- Discover Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Little Haiti's galleries, shops and bars
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23