Get ready for a diva-style showdown.
The Diva Games
Saturday, March 12, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. – After Party: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The Adrienne Arsht Center’s Thompson Plaza for the Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd. Miami.
The Arsht Center hosts the first annual Diva Games, where some fabulous ladies will compete in three divalicious contests to see who is Miami's most accomplished diva. The Diva Games are being held in celebration of Women’s Heritage Month and three fabulous shows taking place at the Center in March: Catwalk Confidential (3/17), Three Generations of Divas (3/18), and Kathy Griffin (3/28).
What skills must a true diva possess, you ask? First comes the Fab Dash: A contest to see how can apply lipstick, hold a Cosmo and carry shopping bags at the same time.
Next, the Catwalk-Off. Channel Miss Jay and strut your stuff down the runway. The winner will be the lady with the fiercest walk and pose.
Finally, Style Wars. Show the world that you know how to look good no matter what you have to work with. Ladies will be given several items and have to accessorize a model.
Hosting the event will be Tiffany Fantasia “ the Hostess with the Mostest” at The Palace on Ocean Drive and Roxy, radio diva from WMIA 93.9FM. Judges include fashion photographer Codis Kirschner, Teddy Guntner of Atomic Style Agency/ Stash Rentals, Beverly Sage of Runways–The Talent Group and Robyn Peterson, star of Catwalk Confidential.
THE PRIZES: $500 worth of gift cards from Aventura Mall retailers, a photo shoot with fashion photographer Codis Kirschner, show tickets and more!
The Diva Games, Saturday, March 12, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. – After Party: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The Adrienne Arsht Center’s Thompson Plaza for the Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd. Miami. FREE!
See and Do
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13
- Colombian mangoes will be the star at this weekend’s Mango Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
- Dennis Miller performs Sunday with Dana Carvey at Seminole Hard Rock
- Free movies, camp, crafts & Munchkin Fun's top picks for your post-holiday week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 4-6