The District Factory launches during Design District's Second Saturday event
Miami's emerging artists and designers converge at The District Factory where creatives in the world of art, food, and fashion can showcase and sell their work.
Saturday, Apr. 14 from 7-10 p.m. at 3900 NE First Ave., Miami
More information at districtfactory.com
Debuting during the Design District's monthly Second Saturday event, The District Factory is the place to be for anyone who wants to get their hands on some original works of wearable art. Yes, that means accessories, clothes, reconstructed vintage, and many other items crafted and created by Miami's trendiest designers who may be flying under the radar of many a fashionista.
The event, hosted by Miami.com fashion writer Annie Vazquez, will showcase boho chic bracelets by Blu Lua, graphic tees by Farofa Nation, handmade boots by Luna Bertolotti, accessories by Vicious Sweet and host of other local artisans. The District Factory is a nod to Andy Warhol's famed studio "The Factory," a bastion of creativity where an artistic community was forged that nurtured its artists in various endeavors. The ultimate goal of this event is to create a similar dynamic in Miami and help local artists make a living doing what they love and to eventually become a communal workspace/showroom available seven days a week.
The District Factory will also feature art installations, specialty cocktails and light bites, a complimentary quick fix from Nail Bar Beauty and Lounge, sounds by the pros at Scratch DJ Academy and an indie “Factory Flick” courtesy of O Cinema. Richard Hambleton, known as the Godfather of Street Art, who rose to fame with contemporaries Keith Haring and Jean-Michel Basquiat during the '80s, will have seven of his most coveted pieces on display and available for purchase.
The event will give part of the proceeds to Dress for Success Miami, an organization that provides training and professional clothing to individuals struggling to secure and retain employment.
Saturday, Apr. 14 from 7-10 p.m. at 3900 NE First Ave., Miami; more information at districtfactory.com
See and Do
- Arsht Center’s big summer show, ‘Lookingglass Alice,’ has as many layers as the surreal, classic tale
- Miami’s XXX International Hispanic Theatre Fest celebrates Brazilian theater
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 3-5
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- 10 Things to Do on July 4
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4