The District Factory launches during Design District's Second Saturday event
Miami's emerging artists and designers converge at The District Factory where creatives in the world of art, food, and fashion can showcase and sell their work.
Saturday, Apr. 14 from 7-10 p.m. at 3900 NE First Ave., Miami
More information at districtfactory.com
Debuting during the Design District's monthly Second Saturday event, The District Factory is the place to be for anyone who wants to get their hands on some original works of wearable art. Yes, that means accessories, clothes, reconstructed vintage, and many other items crafted and created by Miami's trendiest designers who may be flying under the radar of many a fashionista.
The event, hosted by Miami.com fashion writer Annie Vazquez, will showcase boho chic bracelets by Blu Lua, graphic tees by Farofa Nation, handmade boots by Luna Bertolotti, accessories by Vicious Sweet and host of other local artisans. The District Factory is a nod to Andy Warhol's famed studio "The Factory," a bastion of creativity where an artistic community was forged that nurtured its artists in various endeavors. The ultimate goal of this event is to create a similar dynamic in Miami and help local artists make a living doing what they love and to eventually become a communal workspace/showroom available seven days a week.
The District Factory will also feature art installations, specialty cocktails and light bites, a complimentary quick fix from Nail Bar Beauty and Lounge, sounds by the pros at Scratch DJ Academy and an indie “Factory Flick” courtesy of O Cinema. Richard Hambleton, known as the Godfather of Street Art, who rose to fame with contemporaries Keith Haring and Jean-Michel Basquiat during the '80s, will have seven of his most coveted pieces on display and available for purchase.
The event will give part of the proceeds to Dress for Success Miami, an organization that provides training and professional clothing to individuals struggling to secure and retain employment.
Saturday, Apr. 14 from 7-10 p.m. at 3900 NE First Ave., Miami; more information at districtfactory.com
See and Do
- Egg hunts, Dr. Seuss’s Bday, Legos & Pirates: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 2-8
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16
- President’s Day Weekend Guide 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 13-15
- Valentine’s Day events in Miami for sweeties, singles and families
- Cupid's Carnival, Pirates, Festivals & Freebie Fun: Top Picks: Feb 9-15